chapter 4- finally the closest to you

Today's the day.

Jungkook is as physically prepared as can be. He stopped by Seokjin's earlier to get his hair trimmed and maintained, soft waves resting atop his head and away from his face. He then stopped by Yoongi's to shyly ask the older man of any décor he has that's suitable for the occasion.

"Yeah, I got some stuff that'll pretty up the place." Yoongi smirks wickedly. "Finally gonna thread the needle, eh?"

Jungkook regrets even stepping into this place and his face turns red. "Hyung, please. Just finish the stuff?"

Yoongi throws his head back in a fit of laughter then leans back over to sculpt at the scented candles he's made for Jungkook. "You're so bitchy given the short notice you gave me."

"I told you already! We just discussed this yesterday and it's gonna happen today so I was practically given no time either." Jungkook whines to Yoongi's annoyance.

"No one asked you to go and dazzle up the place." Yoongi says gruffly but there's no real bite behind his words, there's never much, which is why Jungkook often feels so comfortable with sharing his worries with him.

"You know I have to do the best for him." Jungkook responds underneath his breath and the words are more so for himself than anyone else.

"I know, pup." Yoongi responds gently then arches an eyebrow. "I'm happy for you too, you know. I just hope you aren't overexerting yourself into all this."

Jungkook looks up with a sneered expression, as if he almost couldn't believe Yoongi would intend such a sentence. "Are you trying to say Jimin doesn't pull his weight? Hyung-"

"No, I didn't say that." Yoongi drawls as if he were speaking to a child. "I'm just saying you've been doing a lot for him. I want to make sure you aren't...being taken advantage of."

The air remains still and silent for some moments, Jungkook's straight eyebrows furrowed the entire time in thought.

"He's not--He...Jimin's good to me, hyung." Jungkook says gently. The words were harsh to form and explain to his hyung, but they were definitely gentle coming out. Jungkook knows he's done a lot for Jimin and on the outside it may seem like he does all the work, but Jimin makes it all worth it. "We should spend time together, all three of us, then maybe you'll see better. I don't know why I haven't introduced you two any sooner, I guess I wanted something like that to be perfect."

"I'd like that." Yoongi nods then takes a deep breath. "You know I'm just looking out for you, pup."

"I know."

Jungkook's walking back to his cabin proudly with a box of candles and luxury furs to decorate his room with. He takes a look at the sun slowly making it's way to the skyline and curses himself for taking so long at Yoongi's. He's about to unlock his front door when a familiar deep voice stops him, he turns to see Taehyung slowly approaching him with a sheepish smile.

Jungkook feels nervous for a moment before realizing they'd hashed things out.

"Hey, you busy? Wanna go for a swim?" Taehyung asks, his usually cool eyes looking at Jungkook with nervousness and unsureness.

Jungkook pauses from where he's trying to open the door and sighs before facing Taehyung. "Uh, you know I'd love to but right is now kind of a bad time. I have something planned with Jimin."

Taehyung pouts his lips and looks up in a thoughtful. "Ohh...I almost forgot you had that planned."

"What?" Jungkook frowns at Taehyung insinuating he knows of his plans.