Chapter 12

Brandon on the side or at the top

Ashley walked shamelessly through the park as she tried to gather her thoughts. This was all her fault, if only she would've listened to her mother a few years ago.

"Ashley, it is important that you make one man, and one man ONLY, happy. And that man has to love you and ONLY you. If he is with someone else, he is not the one for you." Her momma looked at the eighteen year old.

"But, what if I love him momma?"

"Sometimes you have to sacrifice. God has already put him with someone else, and you must accept that."

"No."

"Excuse me, young lady."

"I said. No. If I love him and he is with someone else, I will do anything to be with h, no matter what."

"Now Ashley, your father and I raised you better than that, don't go getting yoursep in a world wind of trouble."

"Whatever. I'm out of here."

And from that day forward, Ashley hadn't seen her parents since. That was six years ago, and she did think of them at times.

How could she have let it go this far? She deserved to die, or rot in jail. She would take anything. She didn't deserve life or to be taken easy on.

And at that moment Ashley realized what she had to do.

***
Brooklyn got out the car, and went to the other side to get Elijah.

"Okay, now you have a good day at school buddy."

"Okay. Mommy."

"I love you." She kissed his forehead.

"Love you too." Elijah hugged her then ran off to his friends.

Brooklyn got back in and drove off to her first day at work. She was a little nervous, but she loved to bake.

Pulling up to the shop, she noticed it hadn't even opened yet. Brooklyn tentively knocked on the door.

She soon saw Harmony approaching and smiled. Harmony unlocked the door and let Brooklyn in locking it back behind her.

"I'm so glad your here. We have to get these cupcake to LeAnna."

"If you don't mind me asking who is that?"

"Oh, just a customer. I like to have their names to keep track of you know. Who wants what." Harmony shrugged as they walked to the back.

Just as they began placing the cupcakes in the boxes. Another knock was at the door.

"I'll get it." Brooklyn said as she walked back to the front. As her eyes connected with the familiar bluish grey ones that always left her in a trance. She let out a gasp as he smirked in her direction.

Brooklyn cleared her throat and blinked. She put her poker face on and unlocked the door.

"Well, good morning beautiful." Brandon smiled at her.

"Yeah. It was." Brooklyn muttered. And walked him to the back.

"Hey Brandon, thanks for coming. I really needed your help." Harmony continued to place cupcakes.

"Can you take those two boxes and put them by the register, LeAnna will be here any minute to pick them up." Harmony pointed to two stacked boxes.

Brandon picked them up, then left with an abrupt nod.

"I didn't know you knew him." Brooklyn stated.

"Yeah. He's like another brother." Harmony shrugged.

"Is he um. Single?" Brooklyn looked at her nervously.

"Why?" Harmony stopped placing them.

"Just curious." Brooklyn smirked, as Harmony gave her a knowing look.

"You have a thing for him, don't you?"

"No." Brooklyn blushed.

Harmony gasped. "You do!" She slapped her arm.

"OK, maybe a little." Brooklyn's blush deepened.

"Hmm. And to answer yes, he is single." Harmony patted her on the back.

"Thanks." Brooklyn muttered, as they went back to work.

Brandon leaned up against the wall and smiled. She liked him, now it's time for that date.

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Hey guys. Thanks for all the responses in the survey, it really helped.

I will hopefully be finishing this book in about a month, depends g on when and how much I update. And I will be having one more book in the Color of Love trilogy.

QFTC: I need a cover for this book.. Anybody wanna make one?

Teaser: Chocolate and Milk, is like Eggs and Bacon.... They go perfect together.

Remember to

Vote

Comment

Fan

Enjoy