Chapter 21

"I understand Mr. Wilson, but I am in a very tight predicament. I know that you are having money troubles, but when  I don't get paid there are some repercussions that I am going to take." Anthony said getting frustrated with his business associate.

"I don't have the money today, can we move it to next month, to give me some more time."

"I have given you more than enough time Mr. Wilson, you have until Friday to get me the fifty grand you owe me. Have a nice day." Anthony hung up the phone.

Sighing he pulled his tie from around his neck, it suddenly feeling like it was suffocating him. After his fight with Harmony the this morning, he has embedded himself in his work.

Brandon barged into his office, making Anthony more irritated than he already was. "What do you want."

"Well, what's got your panties in a twist." Brandon joked.

"Seeing you every day."

"Man. And here I thought you loved me man." Brandon faked hurt.

Anthony chuckled at his friend's joke.

"I came too see how you've been doing man, we haven't talked in awhile and I wanted to see how things were between you and Harmony since the event the last night."

Anthony stayed silent for awhile, not knowing how to answer Brandon's question.

"We.. um.. broke up." He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. This was the first time he had admitted it out loud, and it hurt.

"Again.How the hell did that happen?"

"The morning after the banquet when I had to drive her home drunk off her ass, she woke up the next morning, I just lost it. I told her that she was an embarrassment to me and that I didn't know her as well as I thought I did, as well as some other things that I regret. She told me that we needed a break, I haven't heard from her since."

"Well that was stupid." He said taking a seat in the chair in front of Anthony's desk. "Have you talked to her?"

"No. I can't bring myself to call her. I feel like saying sorry isn't good enough."

"You're right, it isn't. You have to show her that you truly are sorry."

"That's the thing Brandon. I'm not. Harmony and I barely know one another, we move to fast, and there is so much going on in both of our lives right now." Anthony said shaking his head.

"But you guys are Hanthony, you are meant to be. So what if you're moving too fast."

" You may think that, but when you're relationship starts off with you making out with her the first time you see her in a parking lot, her getting kidnapped, and you saving her only to lose every memory that you to had together, it seems like things just are never in you're favor."

" So, what are you going to do? You're just going to leave her? You're not going to fight for your relationship?" Brandon looked at Anthony with an unreadable expression.

"I'm not saying I don't want to try, but what I am saying is that maybe we need to just breathe. We aren't like normal couples, and I just think slowing down and rethinking will put everything into perspective."

"You sound like an idiot." Brandon shook his head in disbelief.

"I sound like this has been something that I have thought long and hard about.I know what's best for my relationship."

"You clearly don't. You are going to let your dream girl slip through your fingers, again. For what? So that while you're on this break you can get a quick lay? Is that it, you want what's in between another women's thighs?"