7

A few days later, Arthur and I decided to study in the library together. We didn't have any other classes for the rest of the day, so we were together. He was sitting across from me, and I kept looking at him. I would put my chin on the palm of my hand and continue to stare at him. I wanted badly to ask about the guy he liked.

He slowly began to look at me, and he lifted an eyebrow, confused. "You won't be able to get any studying done staring at me," he whispered. I looked up to the ceiling and puckered my lips. "Just wondering a few things," I whispered back. "Hmmm? Like what?"

"Like who the person you like is..... I think you should tell me," I smiled curiously. His eyes widened, and his face turned red. "Not until you tell me who it is you like first," he spoke.

"Ahhh, okay..... it's you...." I said seriously. He lifted a brow at me and rolled his eyes. "Funny joke; who is it really?" He said, annoyed. "It's you!" I said a little louder.

No way he didn't believe me.

"I mean, how do you know the guy likes someone else? Did you ask?"
"Not necessarily... But it came up in a conversation."
"What if it was you and he was nervous to say something?" I suggested. That's precisely what I did... So I wouldn't be surprised.

"I mean, maybe I could help," I tried to say. "Either way, I can't..... I just... Whenever I like someone I....." he was trying to say something. "What?" I asked curiously. "I tend to get jealous, I guess... I try not to show it, but eventually, it shows and....well, my relationships never work out," he said sadly.

"Well... If he likes you back, he won't do anything to make you jealous. But maybe you should ask him and be blunt about it?" I suggested. He gave me a soft smile and nodded. "I will try my best," he said nervously. "But really, who do you like?" He suddenly added.

"You!" I admitted to him. However, he was not going to believe me at all.

~
As we entered the month of October, we began making preparations for the event. Lots of other clubs and organizations started, too, and it was nice getting some sneak peeks at everyone else's. After we finished that night, I wanted to ask Arthur if he wanted to check out some others with me.

Thinking about him being scared and holding onto me was perfect! I'll be his knight and shining armor!! Plus, it would be so cute... However, I don't think I've ever seen him scared. Maybe I can try and figure out what he's afraid of?

Alfred and Ivan did the least work, but they still tried to help everyone out. Arthur and I didn't do much either, so I suggested we help with decorations. Gilbert and feli are in charge, so it was nice working with them for a bit.

"Francis! I can't reach it! Can you help me!" Feli whined. I laughed at him and nodded, walking towards him. He pointed to a box on the top shelf and I helped him take it down. Arthur and Gilbert were working on banners together.

"So, any luck with him?" Feli asked. I handed him the box and picked up anything that fell out. "I told him, but he didn't believe me," I said, defeated. Feli began to giggle, and it was immediately contagious. He urged me to take a seat, and I did as he said. Feli put down his box and looked me in the eye. "Listen to me, Francis. It would help if you were more romantic, flirt with him, throw yourself at him and kiss him," he laughed.

My eyes widened, and I shook my head. "WHAT?!" I said, embarrassed. Feli quickly covered my mouth with his hand, and I saw how Arthur looked at us. Gilbert didn't seem too bothered hearing me suddenly yell. A typical day for him, I guess.

Arthur was solemn as he stared, and it made me nervous. I looked away, and feli was extremely close. "Shut your mouth. Do you want them to hear?" He whispered, annoyed. I removed his hand slowly, and he began to turn my chair away from them. His back was towards the wall, and I sat down facing him, away from them. "Listen, you have to try, or else all your efforts are for nothing," feli said seriously.

"He says he likes someone else..."
"Oh really? Did he tell you that?"
"Well, not exactly, but he said that he likes someone, and I confessed, so it can't be me," I explained. Feli began to get closer, and I tried to look away from him. He got closer to my ear and began to wrap his arms around my neck. "Is that so?...... well... He hasn't been able to take his eyes off of us this whole time," he whispered to my ear.

My eyes widened, and my head exploded. Feli was doing this on purpose, to get a rise out of Arthur. Maybe Gilbert was in on it too. "WHAT?" I asked, confused. Feli began to sit on my lap, and I didn't know what to do.

"It's okay to feel nervous, Francis, but you need to try harder, and I'm helping you," feli winked at me with a smirk. My jaw dropped, and he looked past me and back at me. "Looks like it worked," he giggled. I lifted an eyebrow, confused, and suddenly, the chair under me was pulled out.

I fell to the ground with feli still on me and looked up. Arthur gave us a death glare, and I almost shit my pants.

"Arthur?...." I asked, terrified. "Oh my bad, my hand slipped" his face went back to normal, and he began to laugh. I looked to feli, who was rubbing his leg and looked as if sweat was falling down his face.

"Hey! That's bull," I said, annoyed.
"Well, maybe if you focused more on work, you'd get things done," Arthur said, giving an attitude. This was one of the rare times he was like this, and it made my heart race.

"Sorry...." I said sadly. He rolled his eyes at me and began to walk back to his area, where he started to paint aggressively.