9

About a week before the festival came, all of us began getting more serious. Since there were no classes the day before, we would spend that day setting up everything. So we were not scrabbling all over the place the day off.

Kiku, Ludwig, and lovino had been working on costumes, so today, we were all doing a fitting for them. "Here are everyone's costumes, so try them on, and let me know if they need adjustments," Kiku smiled. He handed everyone their things, and we all changed in front of each other. I decided to change to a corner away from them so I wouldn't look at Arthur. I didn't want anything embarrassing to happen.

I looked at the costume as I took it out of the package and saw it was a jester costume. It looked cool and I'm sure that when I put makeup on, I will look freaky.

I stepped out from the corner, and everyone was pretty much done getting dressed. "Wow! You look so cool" Alfred smiled. He and Ivan were knights that were supposed to be dead... so Kiku made something to look like a sword had stabbed them. Feli and lovino were plague doctors, and Ludwig was dressed as an executioner with Gilbert. Kiku was wearing a prisoner outfit. I looked at Arthur's, and he looked like a witch.

"Once we have our makeup on, it will look scary!" Ludwig cheered. "How do they all feel? Does anyone need adjustments?" Kiku asked. He began to look at feli, who came up to him right away. "You look great," Arthur smiled at me. "You do too! I'm sure you will look very scary" I smiled.

"So..... Arthur..... I was thinking that after all the festival stuff, we could go out...... and do something...together....alone..." I clarified. "Hmmm? Like a date?" He giggled. My eyes widened, and I smiled. "Yeah, sure," I smiled back. He began to laugh and suddenly pat my back. "You are always messing with me; I love that about you," he laughed. I wasn't messing with him at all...... but it was nice to hear him say he loved something about me.

"Okay, we can go do something, maybe an amusement park," he smiled. I nodded excitedly and agreed. "That would be perfect," I said to him.

~
The day before the festival came, and even now, we were running around going crazy. We were busy setting up, making the tickets, getting tables, and moving desks. Setting up the two areas that Arthur and I would also be at. It was a lot of work, but we were not the only ones to think to get a head start.

Lots of students were running around and moving things. The hallways were filled with people, and the school even allowed for some food trucks to come to Campus for the students. We got to eat for free, and it helped everyone a lot.

"Here you go," I said. I looked down at Arthur, who was fixing the sign and showed him the drink I got. "It's green tea," I smiled. He smiled back at me and took the cup in his hand happily. I sat beside him, and we both leaned against the wall. "What did you get?" He asked.

"Just a black coffee," I answered. We both sat watching everyone, and he wiped some of his hair from his face. "Hopefully, tomorrow goes well," he spoke. The event started at eight and ended at midnight. That meant that Arthur and I had an hour to enjoy other things... maybe sooner if we get a break.

Alfred approached us. I could see that all of them were going together. "We are going to get some food, did you want anything?" "No, I'm good," I answered. "Me too," Arthur added. Alfred nodded at us, and all of them began to leave the room, leaving us alone.

Arthur looked at me sweetly; it was like I suddenly heard music all around me. He made my heart beat so much that I was in love with him. I wanted to be with him, and I wanted him to understand how I felt. "I guess it must be my turn," he said.

"Your turn for what?" I asked, confused. "My turn to also mess with you..... just like they did to you awhile back, to mess with me," he explained. My eyes widened, and he began to get closer to me. No way this was happening.

Arthur suddenly put his hand on my thigh, and I tensed up. "Francis....you know you are my really good friend," he smiled. I began to move away, and he started to crawl towards me, between my legs. "Ugh yeah..... you are my good friend too," I said nervously.

"I just can't help it, though....." he spoke. He grabbed onto my collar and pulled me up to look at him. My face was red, and I didn't know what to do. It was like a fantasy coming true.

I grabbed onto him, and I wanted to go in for a kiss..... but I didn't.

"See, I can be like this too," he said, letting go of me suddenly. I fell back to the floor, and he moved away from me. He began to laugh at my face, and I think he broke my heart. I swear that one day I am going actually to kiss him.

"Hehe, you think this is a joke?" I looked at him. He lifted a brow at me, and I pulled him closer to me by his neck. His eyes widened, and I looked into his eyes. "I'm just letting you know that the next time you do that, I won't be able to stop myself from doing something," I smiled. His eyes widened, and I felt how hot his face was getting.

Good... He understood.

"Help what?" He asked in a shaking voice.