CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I received an Email from our adviser. I thought it is something serious. I got nervous. But that nervousness changed quickly from happiness.

"Good morning, Yohann Denise.

Congratulations on being one of the HUMSS student with honors for this semester!

Attached herewith is the certificate of you being "With Honors" for this semester.

Keep up the good work."

I called Miguel immediately. "Hi baby. 'Sup!"

"I'm with honors for this semester! aaaaa!" I shouted.

"Congrats baby. What do you want as a reward? Kiss?" He teased.

"Congrats too, Miguel. I'm so proud of you."

"I'm proud of us." Miguel said.

We ended the call after that because today is the Christmas party. "Merry Christmas guys!" Our adviser said. "I know that you guys received an Email. For some. Keep up the good work!"

The Christmas party went on and on. It had games. It was fun. But I still miss those parties that were held in face to face set up. "Did you guys received the gifts?" Justin asked. "Raise your virtual hand to those who received."

I saw that Alyssa raised the virtual hand. And some of the few classmates. Including Miguel. Sino kaya nakabunot sa kaniya?

"Okay share some of it. Say your thank yous ." Our adviser said.

"You first Alyssa."

"Uhm. Thank you, Denise for these merch! I love it." She smiled. I reacted the virtual heart button. "And uhm. Sorry."

"You're welcome. I'm sorry too."

My classmates went on and on explaining. "Miguel."

"Ah. Thank you uhm Anna. For these." He showed to the camera the wallet. "I like it."

"You're welcome, Miguel." She smiled. "Open the wallet. It has something inside." Miguel opened the wallet and I saw a paper. I think it's a letter.

"I'll read it. Later. Thank you."

"Sa mga hindi pa nakakatanggap, just let us know if ever makatanggap na kayo. We'll have a meeting for that again." Ella said. "Merry Christmas guys and Congrats! Enjoy the sembreak."

We left the meeting and I felt jealous that Anna gave Miguel a gift. I saw that my phone was ringing and I answered it. "Hi."

"Hello."

"Jealous ang baby." He teased.

"No. Whatever. What does the letter say?"

"Secret."

"Okay."

"Just... She said she still likes me."

"Ohh. Okay. Do you still like her?"

"Baby? Of course not. I have you. I have everything I need. I want. I love. Okay?"

I nod. "Come here on Christmas or the day before."

"Yes madam."

We went to buy groceries. Because tomorrow is the Noche Buena. We bought Ham, Hotdog, Pasta, Queso de Bola, Fruit salad, and many more.

When we went home I disnfected first the groceries that we bought. And I head to shower. I helped Mom prepare Fruit Salad for tomorrow. Talia also helped. Siya nag-lalagay ng takip sa cup.