5 - 𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘍𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘖𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘕𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴

IT WAS A no-brainer in Y/N's case. He accepted his friend's offer to help produce her upcoming extended play. With over a month left until the start of the NBA season, he felt like he could take time to do so.

Y/N arrived at a recording studio owned by Republic Records in Santa Monica. A few of the people took notice of the young man, who stuck out because of his height and lean build. A couple of them recognized him as the Lakers rookie.

The young man greeted them and then asked the receptionist if he could see Hailee since he knew she'd be there. The woman questioned why he was there.

"We don't really have visiting hours here, sir."

"No, I'm actually here to work with Miss Steinfeld. I'm a...musician."

"You do music too?" She asked rather impressed.

"Yeah." He replied with a chuckle.

"Oooh. Good of you to dabble in things outside of sports." She said then got on the phone with somebody.

After a little bit of waiting, Hailee showed up in the lobby. He beamed at the sight of her which she reciprocated.

"You're here!" She exclaimed.

He opened up his arms. "Why wouldn't I be?"

They embraced in front of the receptionist's desk. The woman eyed them for a bit and let out a silent chuckle, taken aback by the size difference. The hooper was 6-foot-4 while the singer was 5-foot-7.

Hailee and Y/N left the lobby and went to another floor of the building. There, they entered the studio and were met by Harvey Mason Jr, another producer who was also a songwriter and CEO of The Recording Academy, the organization responsible for the Grammys. The man had worked with Hailee before on Pitch Perfect 2.

 The man had worked with Hailee before on Pitch Perfect 2

"Y/N, this is Harvey." She introduced. "Harvey, this is my friend, Y/N."

"Pleasure to finally meet you." Harvey replied and shook the young man's hand.

Y/N was pretty stoked to meet the man. "Oh, I know all about you and your work, sir. Even how you played for Arizona in '88."

Harvey chuckled. He played basketball for the University of Arizona from 1986 to 1990. He made the Final Four just like Y/N did earlier in the year. Injuries kept Harvey from pursuing a career in the sport and instead continued working on music.

"Not many people know about that. That's why I was rather excited to find out I can potentially work with a player who's in love with music as much as I am."

"Oh, I'm in love with it." Y/N replied as they still had their hands clasped.

"You two should get along just fine." Hailee pat their arms with a smile before moving to the mixing desk.

The three sat down and went over what they wanted to do for the EP. Love Myself was obviously going to be included. Hailee had an idea for a song called "Rock Bottom" and Harvey brought up the idea of possibly bringing in Joe Jonas and DNCE.