4 - 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘮 𝘉𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦...

IT'S BEEN A COUPLE of days since Y/N sustained his foot injury. The Lakers were currently on the road against Utah but Y/N stayed in Los Angeles to get treatment.

He was on his sofa with a cast brace around his ankle. Y/N had it propped up and was watching television. After some time he had to go to the bathroom and tried moving.

But something stopped him...the sudden shout from his dear old mother in the open kitchen nearby.

"What are you doing?!"

"I need to go to the bathroom." He called out.

"Wait." She quickly rushed over. "Let me help you up."

He chuckled and shook his head.

"I can still do this on my own, Ma. I've been hurt before."

Y/N moved and stood up but grimaced and almost lost balance. The woman held the young athlete in place in case he were to fall, not caring how tall and heavy he was compared to her.

"But not to this extent." She butted. "Grade 3 sprain. The doctors said you're lucky they didn't fracture anything by landing on you."

"Zo dealt with the same thing earlier this year and he's coming out all right," Y/N replied. "I mean, he hasn't played a game since then...but the season's about to end anyway."

Y/N tried walking and limped again, causing his mother to attempt to catch him again and stand by his side. He turned to her and smiled.

"You don't have to do this."

"Why not?"

Y/N let out a breath through his nose. Y/M/N had been at his place the entire day to help him around. He didn't even ask for it...she just showed up.

"You already do too much," Y/N replied rather softly. "You've...done a lot for me."

She let out an exhale. Her son continued.

"I always thought when I grew up and made the league that I'll be the one to take care of you with whatever you need. That you wouldn't have to work a day in your life. Now you're here helping me around with my hurt leg and making snacks for me like I'm 10 again."

The older lady touched his cheek and then rubbed his shoulder.

"It doesn't matter how old you are, Y/N, I'll always be your mother. You're hurt...I'll be there. If you need support, I'm there. You can't get rid of me that easily."

Y/N chuckled. "I know that."

"You're my baby boy. I want to give you my all." She started to choke up. "I always feel like it's the least I could do...since you never had your dad around."

"That doesn't matter to me. You were and are still an amazing mother. That guy out there, whoever he is, I could care less about him. He was never a part of our life."

Y/M/N smiled. The young man brought his mother in for a side hug and kissed her on the head.

"Besides, I had Kobe for that." He added. "There's...no other male role model I could've asked for."

"And I'm grateful for him." She replied mid-embrace. "For him and Vanessa."

Y/N agreed. It could've been just him and his mother along with his grandparents who lived someplace else, but he also had the Bryants, who impacted his life greatly.

There was Vanessa, who had been there since he was born and was basically his aunt.

There was Gianna and Natalia, who he was often around and were like sisters to him.