Tired Date

Don't forget to read His Little Food Monster before reading this one, as this does contain spoilers for that story.

Growler looked over fondly at his food monster and now baby food monster Caitlin. It had been seven months since their gorgeous little food monster had been born. He of course was very proud of his fiancée and wanted to make sure she was being spoiled occasionally.

He knew that she wouldn't want to be away from their daughter for too long, but now he was back at work having taken the initial month off to be with them, he had gotten kinda used to being away from her during the day, but he also knew how hard it was.

Every morning he would kiss them both goodbye and always took a moment before getting back into his Gibbs work mode.

One day he decided to take some leave as he really had missed them both. Plus, he could tell that the endless waking in the early hours even though he tried to cover was starting to take its toll.

He awoke at normal work time

"Morning Mummy" he kissed her neck as he wrapped his arms around her

"Morning Daddy" she mumbled still tired

"Someone still asleep" he whispered into her ear

"Yes I am.." she replied still not awake

He smiled and then returned to his side of the bed.

Soon enough he was up with his baby food monster and made sure he had her morning milk and he was eating toast and jam.

"Daddy is going to take you out this morning if mummy wakes."

"Mummy's awake" she mumbled as a very tired food monster entered the kitchen and found a coffee awaiting her.

Taking a sip, "Hmm think you got an IV?"

"Uh oh looks like Daddy has to deploy his special waking powers"

"He may have to"

"Do you want to go back to bed my love?"

He asked after sitting their baby food monster down.

"Yes please, I'm sorry" cuddling into him

"No don't be sorry, I'll take Baby Food Monster out, give you some quiet"

"Thanks, be safe" kissing him

"Sleep well my food monster" holding her tight

That morning he took his food monster out to the park to explore, and he tried to keep her entertained. Even though it was raining he had made sure she was safe in her pram. He would explain all of what was going on around her.

About lunch time he was eating a burger whilst feeding his baby food monster, which caused some mothers to giggle as he had to keep moving his burger away from her tiny little hands.

"No my love, I know you're a food monster you can't have that" kissing her on the head.

He smiled at his watchers

"Now let's ring mummy"

He got out his phone as his baby food monster snuggled into his shoulder now it had stopped raining and they had finished eating.

"Hey mummy"

"Growler, I'm awake washing is on, and I feel good"

"Good my love, we shall head back now just had lunch"

"Ah what did you have"

"Burger and someone is definitely taking after you wanting some"

Which made them both laugh.