Case Date Part One

Don't forget to read His Little Food Monster as this contains spoilers x Hope you enjoy.

Growler was working in his basement at the time. He was home looking after his baby food monster who was having her afternoon nap.

His fiancée food monster was at work and was due to be home early considering they didn't have a case.

Abby had asked when she could watch over baby food monster so he had said that evening so that they could go out on date night.

A few nights before they had come home from a busy day and they managed to keep their baby food monster asleep.

He put the coffee machine on for him and got her some hot chocolate ready.

"I'm glad she has stayed asleep" his food monster said as she entered the kitchen having tucked in baby food monster.

"Yeah been a hell of a day, let's sit I've done you hot chocolate"

"Ooh thanks my Growler" hugging him before they headed to the couch

After a de stress about work she was snuggled on his lap

He smoothed her hair

"So been thinking about our date nights"

"Go on"

"Well we do have a lot of ideas"

"We do"

"So maybe we could put them in a jar and whenever we get chance we do a date lucky dip"

"Hmm" he growled

"What?"

"Good idea but we'll need two jars"

"Why?"

"Well one date may be go away and yet we maybe too busy solving crime"

"Okay special agent Growler"

"You know I could sleep here all night"

"Hmm nope, growler needs duvet"

"Softy"

He smiled and despite saying he needed a duvet he rested his head on the back of his couch and soon he was snoring

"Growler" she whispered

"Mmm" he mumbled

"Bed sleepy"

Soon they were sound asleep in bed and thankfully for the first time in a while their baby food monster slept all the way through.

The next morning whilst making their breakfast and coffee food monster had started splitting the dates they had already made a note of and putting them in to the jars.

She stuck labels on them so neither wouldn't forget which was which and then put them on the side. Growler nodded when he spotted them as he came down for his morning coffee.

"Hopefully we'll get some chance soon"

"Hope so, you going already?" Noticing he was all ready for work

"I am, Caitlin isn't awake yet though. You going to be okay to drop her off?"

"Yes"

He dropped his bag at the door and went back to his food monster

"Hey I love you my food monster, I just need to get some paperwork done"

She nodded and kissed him goodbye

He noted how she was and went off to work. When she arrived he was indeed knee deep in paperwork

"Ah you being punished Gibbs?"