A Date with a Tantrum

"Seriously"

"Please"

"No, you know the answer is no."

Silence was held between them.

Looking at her watch

"Right work and nursery time, need to go".

Silence

She raised an eyebrow as they all got in the car.

"Really silent treatment"

Silence

"Fine, today is going to be a lonnnng day".

This had started yesterday when they had gotten up that had been a struggle as baby food monster had been in tears due to teething and just a bad night's sleep.

When they had gotten to work, the email system had been down.

The baseball bat had been deployed by Growler.

He really needed his emails that day.

Just as order had been restored the bat and gun put away, (he'd been seconds away from shooting the computer) he received a text to ring the doctors.

So, he trudged off to have that conversation.

In that time a new case had arrived and that was a burglary gone wrong where the uncle had died on base.

A case of wrong place, wrong time. But had managed to shoot the suspect in the arm and it was going to be long one.

Growler and Food monster ended up flipping a coin as to who would go to go home.

As the baddie which was the term Growler had come out with (much to the hilarity of his team) wasn't budging and that made it harder.

Food monster won but promised her Growler with pizza.

However, whilst it was lovely to be home, she did have a tired teething baby food monster to deal with.

But home was always better than the big orange rooms of HQ.

Pizza arrived promptly on his desk, and he smiled. Of course, Growler wished that he was home in bed with his Food Monster.

Instead, he had to go stare the hell out of the accused to get a confession. After eating a few slices of pizza, he gathered his plan and the evidence they were willing to share and headed off to the interrogation room.

Exactly Three minutes later Food Monster had suddenly remembered that Growler had a doctor's chat earlier so texted him to see how that went.

No reply has he was too busy being a super federal agent. Dealing with that evil baddie.

There was a reason he wasn't talking, but soon he was spilling the beans on his operations on base.

Afterwards he looked at his phone and sent her a message saying.

"Yeah, went well, be good from tomorrow need to reduce the process foods"

"Oops okay, love you"

"Love you too, just been a super federal agent and cracked another baddie. How's my princess? X"

"Clever daddy, your princess is fine asleep thankfully to mummy super powers and painkillers. Your Queen misses you x"

"Miss you to, see you soon x"

He finished a little of the paperwork. Then went home to see his family.

Sound asleep they were when he arrived but he soon was snuggled up with his Food Monster and sleep had found him fast.