09. virgin mary.

N I N E
virgin mary.

Otto's father was in hospital for a week. In his fall he had hit his head which caused a small bleed on the brain, this coupled with his cancer made the doctors want to keep him im for monitoring for longer than a normal brain bleed.

For the first few days it didn't look good, the doctor tried explaining that all the levels in his blood were out of whack but Otto didn't understand it. She just knew it wasn't good.

It took a while but he slowly came to, although he played the world's worst prank on Otto.

As he woke up he looked Otto straight in the eye and pulled a confused expression 'who are you?' He had asked her, but with the look on her face he quickly told her he was joking.

If he wasn't sick she would've strangled him.

He was okay for the most part, although the fact he was falling over wasn't a good sign. Losing mobility was one of the signs that the end was drawing near.

She didn't want to ever leave his hospital room, the last time she had left him he got hurt.

If he died without her being there she would never forgive herself.

She essentially lived in a chair that folded out to a bed that sat in the corner of her father's room. He tried numerous times to get Otto to hang out with her friends - who she now was back in contact with, although it was extremely limited - but she told him that as he was bed bound he couldn't make her do anything.

Wes visited a few times over the week, he brought Otto new clothes, and some flowers for the room.

He was seemingly understanding, but he never apologised for his behaviour that caused her to be at the hospital hours late.

Otto didn't think he'd apologise even with a gun to his head.

Her contact with her friends was top secret, she couldn't have Wes knowing about it or she would be in trouble.

Due to her practically living at the hospital she took the week off school, but once her dad was back at home and in a better, more stable, condition she went back.

Wes still picked her up, driving her to school he had his hand firmly gripping Otto's thigh.

She still hated it, and often pushed him off subtlety, but he didn't seem to notice.

Or he simply didn't care.

When he arrived out the front he leaned over and pressed a chaste kiss to her lips. "Be good." He said. "I'm always good." She said tightly, before getting out the door.

Otto had been very explicit with the group about how and when they could speak to her, if Wes saw it she would be in trouble. She didn't say what trouble, she just said he got jealous and she couldn't be bothered to put up with it, which wasn't strictly untrue. So it had to be within the school, and the grounds at the back that were hidden, especially where the group sat.

Kie walked a few steps behind Otto, and once the doors to the school closed behind them she quickly caught up.

"How's your dad?" She asked, looking I've at Otto.

"He's good. Better than before." Otto had told them that her dad had cancer. She didn't give them much information but her friends managed to piece together the rest of the picture.

School went along as usual, she shared most of her classes with Kie, Maria and JJ. And the ones she didn't share with them, the more advanced classes, she shared with Pope and Belly. It was nice to always have a friendly face, someone she actually knew.