Undercover

I HAVE to say this..... This oneshot was actually inspired by headcannons. I guess that's it... Less goooooooooo~

"Leo.... What even made you think this was a good idea?"  Nico asked as they rounded the corner. An armed officer walked past them and Nico blended the trio into the shadows. Will let out an audible gasp at the sight of an officer loading bullets into his pistol while staring right at the spot the demigods were concealed by the shadows. Leo replied, "What made you decide to help me when I said this to you?" "The part about me getting to use my powers...??" Nico replied. Will grumbled about how Nico still needed rest. They were currently in the basement of the Empire State building, hoping to find celestial bronze that was rumored to be secretly stored here, all the while Leo rambled on about how unfair it was that the guards had stolen from them.

They walked into a corridor with three doors on each side, labelled 'Storage'. Leo grinned maniacally and rubbed his hands together. "Let's see what they're 'storing'." They waited a few minutes so that the officers would take their routine break as an hour was up. Exactly as their watches beeped twice to indicate that it was 2 am, the officers sighed and walked as group joking and laughing through a corridor labelled "kitchen". The demigods nodded to each other and Nico dropped the shadows around them. They each opened two doors and found stacks of celestial bronze and imperial gold of various sizes and shapes crammed in the rooms. Even though they didn't find any switches for light, they still decided to take inventory of the items they found in the dim glow of the metals around them. They found breastplates, helmets, bent up old swords and various other weapons along with pieces of chariots with intricate designs.

Leo held up a piece of armour that was too large for demigods. "Guys, uh.... There is my dad's symbol on these. Nico come over" Nico went to see the piece Leo was holding up. "That's... a pauldron..?? A shoulder piece? But there's..." Nico ran his fingers on the surface and felt bumps on it. He tilted it a bit and saw a design that looked vaguely like a grape vine. The pauldron was useless as it had a huge gash . "You think this was Mr. D's?"  Will came over and examined it. "Uh guys," He said, "I think we made a mistake. What if this is where they store the armor of gods? You know... before they take it for repair?" Leo snapped his fingers. "That would explain the tight security." "This is certainly enough to grab the attention of a few monsters." Nico added. "But who would be so stupid as to attack the entrance to Mount Olympus?" Will asked. Suddenly the alarm system blared. Sounds of swords and guns were heard from down the hallway. "I sure hope we aren't about to find out." Leo said taking a hammer out of his tool belt. "I guess luck really favors us a lot." Nico raised his Stygian Iron sword before rushing out into the hallway.

"Cyclops!" Will yelled, gaining the attention of both the cyclops and the security. "What are you kids doing down here?" A lady with an imperial gold sword asked, blocking an attack from a cyclops. "Helping." Leo said, setting the loincloth of a smaller cyclops on fire. The fire quickly died down. "Forgot about that for a second." "No worries kid. That was just the distraction I needed." A security guard toppled the cyclops with a strong blow behind it's knees. But more kept coming. "How did they get in?" Will asked. "Blew a wall up. They had made this underground tunnel right to us." The lady said. "Not exactly the time for chit chat though. They keep coming. We need to do something about them." "Already on it." Nico stabbed a cyclops and it immediately turned to monster dust.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, that wasn't too bad." The lady, who introduced herself as Amethyst, daughter of Mercury, handed them all a box of ambrosia. "Thanks for the help. Now what exactly were you doing here?" "Just got a little too curious about the Empire State Building." Leo said, taking an ambrosia square. The lady chuckled. "I hope your curiosities were satisfied." "They were." Will said, "but by any chance do you have unicorn drought? It works better on Nico." "Yes we do. Let me go get you some." A man offered to go. "Here Will, it tasted like Percy's blue cookies we stole from him last week." Leo handed the box to Will. "Chocolates." Will said after taking a bite. He threw a quick glance towards Nico and blushed.

Leo pretended not to see that. He was used to them being a couple but they were still shy, especially around others. "So, Amethyst. What's the story here? By the way, nice name." Leo asked. Amethyst smiled as she looked around the med bay. "Thanks, my mother loved her crystals. As for the story here, most of us are from Camp Jupiter. The rest are clear sighted mortals. As you know, my father is Mercury. After serving a few years in the camp, I found a greek demigod passed out near my hometown. And that's how I found out about the greek side. Through the years, he and I had a few fights. But he always had my back." She rubbed the stone of he ring on her ring finger which Leo thought must be her wedding ring. "But the fates decided to keep the greek and roman side apart. Now he resides in Elysium. I knew I couldn't go back to Camp Jupiter. I wouldn't have had the heart to attack the greek camp if it came to that. Not since I knew that the greeks were not all bad. That's when my father led me here. And now, I work as a security, guarding the entrance to Mount Olympus and their weapons and armor." She waved her hand around the room. "Most of us have a different story though."

"Don't worry," the man who was loading the bullets who had introduced himself as James, offered Leo a hand to stand. "You'll have more time to hear them. Just visit us whenever you want. And hopefully you won't sneak in next time. It's almost sunrise, Chiron will be worried." "Don't worry." Will said, also getting up, throwing a playful glare at Leo, "we won't. And you're right, we should go." Nico stood up and used his powers to gather the shadows in a corner. "Bring us the cookies you said about next time." Amethyst said, waving them goodbye. "We will." Leo waved back before the three demigods shadow traveled to Camp Half-Blood.

The demigods laid down on the beach watching the sunrise. "I think I'll need a few hours of rest." Leo said.  "The med bay is always open." Will said. Nico grumbled, "Thanks for that reminder." They heard someone approach the beach. They turned around to see Percy and Annabeth. "Hey guys." Percy greeted them. "Woah. You look like you need rest. Something tells me you were up all night. What happened?" Annabeth asked. Leo, Will and Nico shared looks. "Let's just say, we went undercover." Leo winked and blew the smoke off from his finger guns.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: And.... that's it.... One more chapter done. Sorry for the long wait guys.