The Truth and Training Hell (Part 2) (Chapter 5)

"Speaking"

'Thoughts/mental conversation'

Draconic Voice/Ddraig and Albion

Transitions/Time Skips

__________________________________________________________________________

'I should see how Issei is doing' Koneko thought as she hopped up out of bed. It was currently 11:45pm and ever since the incident that happened earlier Issei had locked himself in a room to think about what happened and more specifically the location on the note. Opening the door Koneko saw that the room was empty and on the bedside table was the note with the coordinates Merrick left him "Dammit Issei"

With Issei

'Issei are you sure about this?'

'I can't have this unknown power go out of control randomly and if it's connected to what happened back then, then I have to know' Issei who was approaching his abandoned childhood home told Ddraig.

The home which now looked to be falling apart was a small traditional Japanese house which was at least a ten minute walk away from the nearest house. Approaching the house Issei could sense multiple different barriers that would keep humans and even some supernatural entites away.

'Be careful partner don't give in to your emotions' Ddraig warned because while on the outside Issei appeared to be calm and even a bit emotionless, on the inside he could sense a whirlwind of emotions ranging from sadness to anger to even nostalgia at seeing his old home though it was quickly repressed.

'I'll be okay Ddraig' Issei said as he walked up and slid open the door. Walking in Issei looked around his former home which was in a complete mess as he was flooded with memories of his childhood and family. "Dammit what use is it sending me back here" Issei yelled in frustration.

"To tell you the truth boy" A voice Issei recognised replied back.

"What do you mean Merrick" Issei asked as Merrick appeared from around a corner.

"The reason why your family was killed"

"What?"

"I think it's better to show you" Merrick told Issei as he appeared in front of him and grabbed his face.

"Remember" Was the last thing Issei heard before memories that were long sealed away came rushing back.

"Issei dear it's time for dinner" A women who looked to be in her late twenties with fox ears and tails similar to Issei's called out.

"Coming Mom!" A boy that looked to be a younger version of Issei with the same ears and tails yelled back as he came running into the kitchen.

"Just have a seat at the table"

"Okay" Issei replied as he went to go have a seat at the table. "When's Dad coming home?" Issei asked after sitting down.

"Soon dear I've just asked him to grab some things from the store"

"Alright" Issei said as his mother set the table and he began eating. After finishing dinner Issei heard a knock on the front door "Is that Dad?"

"It must be dear, I'll go let him in-" Before she could finish her sentence she felt her instincts screaming danger as she ran towards Issei and covered him. Mere moments later the front door exploded causing the two to be sent flying to the ground with Issei still being covered by his mother while debris was sent flying everywhere. Confused and in shock Issei felt something drip on his face and after opening his eyes to his horror saw blood coming out of his mother's mouth and looking down saw black energy dissipating revealing a gaping hole in her stomach.