Burnt Chicken (Chapter 7)

"Speaking"

'Thoughts/mental conversation'

Draconic Voice/Ddraig and Albion

Transitions/Time Skips

__________________________________________________________________________

'Dammit' Issei thought to himself as he quietly hopped out of bed. It was currently early in the morning of the day they were fighting Riser and Issei had just finished getting dressed and was walking to the door when he heard Koneko call out tiredly.

"Issei where are you going?"

"I'm just going to do something I'll be back soon" Issei replied as he opened the bedroom door.

"Alright then" Koneko said, falling asleep moments later causing Issei to smile softly.

Closing the door quietly, Issei made his way through the house and out the front door, transforming into his fox form.

'Where are you going' Ddraig asked as Issei ran through the woods.

'I need to talk to him'

Leaping from tree to tree Issei eventually reached a dirt track that led up one of the mountains and transforming into his humanoid form, he continued up it eventually reaching the top.

"Morning" Merrick who was sitting on the edge of mountain said to Issei.

"Morning" Issei replied as he sat down next to him.

Sitting quietly for a few minutes Merrick eventually spoke "Issei I'm sorry"

Staying quiet for a few moments Issei respond "It's fine, I understand why you did it"

"That still doesn't excuse sealing your memory away so if there's anything you need or want me to do I'll do it, doesn't matter what it is" 

Thinking to himself Issei responded after a few seconds "Alright then, help me track down and kill that bastard Rizevim Lucifer"

"I'd be happy too" Merrick said with a smile as he pulled Issei into a hug.

"Alright Alright let go of me" Issei said annoyed as he pulled away and hopped up from the cliff edge.

By this time the sun had already risen and both of them were hungry as confirmed by the grumble that came from both their stomachs causing them to laugh.

"Come on lets go get breakfast, its an important day today" Issei said, giving a hand to Merrick and helping him up.

"Whoever gets back last has to cook"

"Oh your on" Issei said with a smile as they both suddenly vanished from the mountain peak in an insane show of speed and began heading back to the house.

Jumping from tree to tree both Issei and Merrick were neck and neck until Issei felt his instincts telling him to dodge which he listened to narrowly dodging a blade of energy which took out the tree behind him and causing him to fall behind slightly. Looking over to Merrick, Issei saw him grinning with his sword out. "Hey that's cheating" Issei yelled.

"What was that? We're going to fast I can't hear you" Merrick called back while grinning even more.

"Fine then we'll play it by your rules" Gathering energy in his stomach Issei then spat out dark red draconic flames from his mouth which travelled in a concentrated line and hit the trees in front of Merrick.

"SHIT" Merrick yelled out in a panic as he plummeted to the ground not having anywhere to land.

'Issei while I appreciate you using your dragon abilities for the first time in a while, are you sure your not gonna burn the forest down?' Ddraig asked somewhat concerned.