12. power in the wrong hands.

T W E L V E
power in the wrong hands.

She didn't tell her friend's yet, she was still trying to figure out how to do it. And she thought JJ probably shouldn't find out alongside the others in the group.

He should probably have some notice.

Otto attempted to continue to pretend everything was normal, although she did a piss poor job. She still struggled to look JJ in the eye and she dodged Wes like he was the plague.

Sitting in maths she twirled a pen between her finger, it occasionally got stuck on her rings and she had to start again.

She tried to pay attention to the class but her mind wandered, she thought of what JJ was going to say, and how much she dreaded that conversation.

And then there was Wes.

She probably wasn't going to tell him in person, maybe she'd send him a text. Or even an email.

Her attention was stolen back to the teacher when he called her name, "Ottilie, you're wanted in the office." Her heart sunk a little, her father, it was going to be her father. He wasn't getting any better, and after that fall she knew he was vulnerable.

She scramled to her feet and threw her rucksack on as she borderline ran out the room and headed straight to the office.

Opening the doors to the office her eyes fell upon the so called emergency.

It wasn't her father.

It was her boyfriend.

He wore a cocky smirk, her feet became rooted to the ground. She didn't want to move, she had absolutely no desire to go with him.

"Come on. I miss you." He smiled, spinning the keys to his Rolls Royce around his finger.

She didn't want a fight so, despite all her better judgement she went with him.

She had to break up with him at some point and it was probably best to do it when he was in a good mood.

Although, it was also probably best to do it in public.

The couple got into his car and they drove off toward the Harrington manor. They pulled through the gates and the garage opened, the radio was switched off and Wes got out the car.

"I want to show you the bar." He told her as they walked through the house to an area she had yet to go in, walking on the cold tiles with swirling patterns Otto looked around at the decor.

The tiles had some odd symbol on them that she never cared to fully work out, it was large and - just like most things in the Harrington house - pretty ugly.

They descended some stairs before walking into the bar, the lighting was low, Wes grabbed Otto's hand and guided her to the bar.

"Sit." He ordered, his tone shifting ever so slightly.

She did as she was told, trying to figure out how to break up with him kindly, and in a way that wouldn't piss him off.

He turned around and got a bottle of rum from the built in shelves, he set it on the counter in front of Otto. Her heart started beating quicker, next he sat down two shot glasses and filled the to the brim.

Wes didn't even look grumpy, he looked vindictive. Sadly Otto couldn't place the emotion.

He smirked as he pushed one if the glasses in front of her, "Drink up."

Wes took his own shot and downed it, "I know you don't like the taste of alcohol Otto, how did you phrase it? Something about being a whatever-it-takes-to-get-drunk girl. So, let's get drunk." He pushed it a little further toward her.