Mary's Faith

Mary's Faith

"Good morning Mom how are you" she asked her Mom in cheerful voice.

Ms. Rivers replied " I'm fine by God's Grace and you she asked Mary.

Mary answered back " I'm fine Mom are you ready to go church? Mary's Mom said " Yes I am all set " why don't you sit down and have breakfast we have plenty of time church service don't start until 8:00am.

Mary replied " sure Mom I'm so hungry I can eat a horse!

Ms. Rivers laughed at her daughters response she couldn't stop laughing at her statement.

" It's not funny Mom " I'm truly very hungry she said in a whisper.

Ms. Rivers : I understand honey I know you are very hungry I can hear your stomach rumbling.

Mary: Hahaha very funny Mom " so whats for breakfast she asked.

Ms. Rivers : we having French Toast and Sausage with Tea and Orange Juice your favorite.

Mary: " it looks good I can't wait to try it and enjoy it very much.

Ms. Rivers: *You will love it.

So Ms. Rivers and Mary started eating their breakfast and continued to talk about life and holy spirit after they ate their breakfast Mary and her mother took their dirty dishes put it in dishwasher and upstairs to get ready for church.

While Mary was in her room getting ready she was thinking about her father and why he left her and mom when she was only eight years old when her parents divorced was he having affair with another woman or he just abandoned her and her mother because he didn't want to be father or not?

These questions keep popping in her mind but she will let go for while until she finds time to sit down and talk to her mother about her father disappearing in their lives for over nine years.

Mary when into the closet to pick a dress to wear to church so she kept looking until took out a long sleeve navy blue dress with ribbons on the top of the sleeves.

She combed her hair straight above her shoulders apply some light makeup on her face,put on some black pumps, pack her Bible and cellular in her black handbag look in the mirror for the last time if everything is in order and headed downstairs to meet her mother who eventually was waiting for her.

She went downstairs and her mother was wearing a green cloth with the alphabets from top to bottom wearing black shoes she looked more beautiful than ever for a fifty nine year old woman.

When her mother saw her she got up from the sofa with her black clutch in hand and looked at her precious daughter with a huge grin on her face.

" Oh my goodness Mary who looked beautiful my child all the men at church won't be able to keep their eyes off of you she said with excitement in her voice.

Mary's pov: " Mother please don't make me blush what are you saying mom you sound like I will get a husband very soon.

Ms. Rivers pov: ' come on isn't it true who are a beautiful young Christian woman who loves God and is very kind with a big heart who loves to help people in need no matter who they are '.

Mary pov: " Thank you mom it means a lot to me that you believe in me no matter what! it makes me feel good I make you proud your words of wisdom and guidance makes me feel whole my faith increase in spirit and mind with your words of encouragement and support of my dreams, goals and objectives of my career as civil engineer

" Thank you mom for your support and love I appreciate it very much.  "I love you mommy with all my heart and soul.

Ms Rivers pov: "I love you too dear no matter what paths you take I will always be there for you.