Keep Hope alive.

Dear Jesus,
'You are my guidance counselor and father.
I hope you hear my prayer,I want my dream of becoming a mother a reality.
My husband Rick and I have been married for twenty years. We have a successful soul food restaurant in Atlanta and are planning to open two more restaurants in North Carolina and New York.
Our customers have skyrocketed since we opened our first Soul Food restaurant in Atlanta Georgia two years ago when we were in our early twenties when we got married twenty years ago.

Our main mission was to open a restaurant for low income families you can afford foods with a discount and help our community to open more doors for tourists and investors to open more businesses in the area and give our people jobs to take care of their families and send they children to better schools for a good education and future for young people to go to the right path without joining violent gangs or go to prison at a young age.

My special focus is on the girl child who dropped out of high school because of pregnancy and sexual health among the girls who are afraid to go back to school and face sigma because of their pregnancies that are very high in their communities.

My husband and I have been trying to have children since we got married but to no avail, I just feel so worthless and less of a woman since I haven't got pregnant yet?

"Please lord hear my cry and prayer. I have always been faithful to you since I was six years old."

I attended church services, Bible studies and prayer meetings just to worship you."

"I read your word every morning before I go to work"
"My God "my God why have you forsaken me oh lord" why I beg you please open my womb to bear fruit to give children to my amazing humble husband, " he's a good man he deserves to be a father and grandfather.

"Please lord I'm praying on my knees to give me this gift to have children and I can be happy again instead of being sad and useless "

"Thank you Jesus for hearing my prayer. I will always be faithful to you and worship you forever until my death.

After writing in her diary she got up from the desk and bent her knees and did a silent prayer to the lord for a new day .

" Good morning Donna, how are you this morning?'' Rick asked her with gentleness in his voice.

" I'm okay I was just praying to the lord to have a child with you, " I desperately want for both of us, she said with a small smile on her lips.

Rick sat beside her on the bed still in his bathrobe brought her closely put his arms around her and said " don't worry everything will be alright God will give us children at the appointment time when he is ready " so please don't hurt yourself because of the situation we are in right now, " I know God heard our prayer he bless us with children very soon " so relax god is in control, with god all things are possible my darling! Don't lose hope. I beg you in the name of God our prayer will be answered.

" Yes my love you are right I shouldn't give up hope of having a child so I will take your advice and keep praying to the lord and be patient and kind to lord to give us hope to have our children'' she said with confidence and happiness.

'' Good get up go to bathroom take a shower so we can open the restaurant together it's going to be a busy day he said

So Donna took her shower got ready, curled her hair with a curling iron and  went straight downstairs to meet her fiance so they could have breakfast together as a couple.

After breakfast the couple left the house to go to the restaurant to start today's business, people arriving to have breakfast or order to take to their offices to have breakfast.

During the afternoon people were coming to the restaurant to have lunch. Every seat was filled up with customers while waiters and waitresses were taking orders from new customers and continued writing the orders down on their notepads.

After writing the orders the waiters and waitresses got to work right away bringing food from the kitchen and bringing their food orders right away to the customers who were waiting for hours for their meals after lunchtime was over, Donna decided to go to the office to pray to the lord to provide her and her husband children as soon as possible because they aren't getting younger because Rick is now thirty eight years old and she is thirty seven she is still hopeful she will get pregnant very soon but she waited nothing as happen yet but she will keep praying until she becomes pregnant as long as possible.

After her praying session her husband was calling her and she quickly wiped her tears and headed straight to the kitchen to talk to him.

"Is everything alright Donna?" he asked .

"Yes, everything is ok, don't worry,'' she said.

" Donna, please stop worrying too much about children. I told you God will bless us with children " I beg you" he hugged her so tight and told her how much he loved her with all his heart.

Donna hugged him back and replied " I love you too Rick.

They kiss and return to work to continue until the evening.

Finally night falls and Rick and Donna closed up the restaurant and headed home both were extremely busy and exhaust from work today, their got home parked the car in the garage locked up all the gates went inside the house and went upstairs together to change holding hands and took a shower together came out and put on some fresh clothes headed back downstairs had a light supper.

Wash all the dishes and put them in the dish rack and both decided to watch a movie to relax after a hard day at the restaurant.

" So what movie would you like to watch?'' he asked her while looking through the dvds.

"How about Titanic? She told him while sitting on the sofa in their living room which is surrounded by family photos and wedding pictures on the wall by the staircase.

" Sure Titanic it is! '' he replied.

" Great! let's watch the video "it's so romantic I love it so much" she responded with happiness in her voice.

So Rick popped the video in the DVD player and sat down beside his wife, put his arm around her and laid back to watch the movie.

While the movie was playing they both looked into each other's eyes with so much love.

After the movie ended they went to bed and prayed for a brighter future with love and children someday.

Four months later Donna gave birth to twins Elizabeth and Christopher she was so happy God answered their prayers and promised him she will always worship him forever.
She now realizes there is always hope in the Lord and he will provide for whatever you need to take care of you and give blessings in your life forever.

Always keep hope alive no matter your struggles in life he will always be in your heart and soul.

Wattpad: @PriscillaYiadom4
Facebook: Priscilla Boakye
Instagram: @ p.yiadom
Inkitt: Priscilla 202