Chapter 5

It was Steve's night to host movie night, something he would secretly be excited for seeing as he loved having everyone come round even though he would never let the kids know.
They filled the house with a warmth and love that until a few years ago, the house had never experienced.

The blankets were neatly laid out and extra chocolate had been brought in an attempt to cheer the kids up seeing as their D'n'D nights were meant to of started back up but obviously with no dungeon master means no campaign.

He felt bad semi- lying to them about Eddie. It had started out as he was sick and then went onto Eddies uncle being sick when they started getting suspicious. It reached a point where he, Robin, Nancy and even Jonathan had used every excuse in the book to avoid the real answer which was that Eddie just straight up didn't want to know the group.
They all but Dustin either believed him or maybe just realised they should stop asking. The young curly haired kid was relentless which only made Steve's guilt increase.

A chorus of hey Steve rung out just as he finished getting the living room ready as they all gathered, taking their regular seats with their chosen partners is crime. Steve and Robin took one sofa while Nancy and Jonathan took the other, the kids sprawling themselves across the floor.

"You okay?" Robin whispered Into his ear while everyone was busy with the chosen film.
They hadn't talked about what happened last week yet but she had informed him that since school restarted she had only seen Eddie a few times, each day with a bruise or a cut decorating his face.
"Yeah I'm fine" he whispered back, keeping his eyes set on the screen. He was lying. He was very far from fine and he knew it. The image of the metal head collapsing and crying on the floor with those cuts or the sight of him when he drunkenly turned up at the video store with half his face smashed in, they ran round and round Steve's brain day and night but yet he still couldn't bring himself to go to the trailer.

"Have you talked to him yet?" She continued with her questioning.
Turning his head to face her so he could firmly reply with a simple but effective "No." In the hope she'd get the message and drop it but it's never that easy with her and he was a fool to think it would be.
"Why not? I mean you talked after I left right so if that worked out then why can't you talk again?"Unaware of the conversation the two guys had and the outcome, she continued hounding him.

He felt the panic start rising in his stomach, up into his chest before closing his throat.
"I'll.. Um.. I'll be back in a minute.." he announced shakily before rushing to the back door, the cold air hitting his temples perfectly as he took a seat on the wooden bench situated on the back porch.

"Harrington?" A gentle voice called out from the doorway. " Can I come sit?"
"Yeah come on then.." he sighed as he scooted over to make space. He laughed as he noticed the blanket she had brought out with her, smiling as she delicately placed it over the two of them.
"I'm sorry if you felt like I was pushing you."
"It's okay. I should of told you what happened." He sighed rubbing his hands up and down across his cheeks and eyes.
"It's not good Rob. He's not good." He followed.
"But like he's fine right?"
Steve didn't know if she was being naive or just told herself if she says it's okay enough times then it will be okay which in a way is still being naive.

"No. He's not fine. Far from fine." He admitted, turning to look at her once again.
"I'll be honest I don't recognise him anymore."
Robin scrunched her face up confused but said nothing, allowing him to carry on.
"The man's just one giant walking injury and he's sad Rob! So sad! He blames himself for so much and I just- I don't know what to do!" He cried, releasing breathe he didn't know he'd even held.
"Go talk to him then."
"He won't listen and he's probably drunk right now!" Steve was scrambling for excuses now.
"Steve Harrington you go talk to him because we do not leave anybody behind even if they are abit moody!" She commanded.
"... Robin he's not just moody.... I think he either was or still kinda is suicidal.." he mumbled, his eyes scanning hers for any help.