Chapter 9: The Queen

For the final song of the night, Kali set her guitar down. So far the night had been incredible, everybody danced and sang along and both Kali and Corroded Coffin were loving every second of it. As Kali stood her guitar in its stand she turned to Eddie, there was only one song that she didn't play along to but despite her best efforts, Eddie couldn't be convinced. They'd had such an amazing night and nobody had said anything negative towards them, but this song could change that in an instant. It was a cover of a rock song, a very well known rock song, the issue being that their version was a bit more metal.

"Eddie please, I really think they'd love it" she gestured to the crowd "come on we've played a couple of metal songs already so why not this one?" She folded her arms and stared at him, he didn't know what to say so he just stood there rubbing his hand on his chin. He looked up at Kali and then to the rest of the band, who were nodding their heads, he let out a sigh "okay fine" he rolled his eyes as Kali jumped up and down with excitement.

By this time, Billy had gone and stood over by Steve and Nancy. Even though he couldn't keep his eyes off of Kali, girls kept throwing themselves at him and begging him to dance with them. Kali had noticed this but shrugged it off, she knew that the closing song would be the one to secure her crown. She stepped up to the mic and thanked everyone for listening to them play, "unfortunately we only have one song left", there were a lot of sad groans from the drunken audience but it was already nearly 10pm and Kali was ready to party. "So this last song is a little heavier then what we've played so far but something tells me you'll all enjoy it" she grinned.
When they started to play, there was a lot of confused looks from the crowd. None of them knew what to do, they just stood and stared, until Kali began singing. Hearing her voice seemed to ignite something in all of them as they started throwing their hands up and dancing around, mimicking her when she began to jump up and down at the chorus.

She looked over at Billy who had yet another girl wrapped around his neck, but his gaze never left Kali. She smiled to herself as she grabbed the mic from the stand and slowly walked towards him.

Cover me with kisses baby
Cover me with love

She rested her hand on his chest and swayed her hips slightly as she looked into his eyes.

Roll me in designer sheets
I'll never get enough

She grabbed his hand and spun herself round so that now her back was up against his chest. Billy let out a moan as they swayed their hips in time with each other. Everyone's eyes were on the King and Queen.

Emotions come I don't know why
Cover up loves alibi

Still holding onto his hand, Kali slowly glides herself down his body and into the splits before standing back up, winking at him and sauntering back to the stage to finish the song. Just as Eddie shreds the solo she wanders over to the bar at the side of the stage and climbs on top of it. All eyes are on her. She was an incredible performer when she wasn't hidden behind her guitar, she exuded confidence. She sung the final chorus while stood on the bar, throwing her head back as she reached the last note. She stood there for a minute trying to catch her breath and soaking up all the cheers from the audience.

After the show, she helped the guys put all of the gear into Eddie's van, "okay I think that's everything" she says handing Eddie her guitar case "thank you again guys, we were incredible"

"Hey Kali we were all talking and we were wondering if you wanted to become a permanent member of Corroded coffin?" Gareth asks, she turned to look at him with an open mouth "yeah we loved playing with you and we think it would be a step in the right direction to have you as our new front man, well woman" Eddie laughed, rubbing his hand on the back of his neck "you guys I'd love to but..." before she could finish her sentence Nancy and Steve came strolling over "you were amazing tonight!" Nancy squealed, she had clearly had too much to drink "thanks Nancy" Kali turned back to face the guys "I don't think my dad would let me join" she was disappointed to say the least, she loved performing "we get it, but just think about how amazing it would be, our Tuesday night crowd would definitely be a lot bigger with a hot girl up front" Gareth grinned nudging Eddie's arm. She knew they were right and she did enjoy playing with them, "ah fuck it! You got yourself a new front woman" she grinned back, she didn't know how but she would find a way.