Chapter 27: Sonogram

Kali's eyes fluttered open, slowly adjusting to the sun that was shining through the blinds of her bedroom. Since graduation she had been working a lot more and any spare time she had was spent either at band practice or with Billy. Summer was coming to an end and they only had one week left before they were setting off for their holiday in California, something that they were both excited for. Kali rubbed the sleep from her eyes as she looked over at the sleeping boy next to her, the smile that was currently plastered on her face soon disappeared as she ran to the bathroom. Morning sickness was still a bitch. Kali sat against the cold bathroom floor as she flushed the toilet "ugh" she groaned as she bought a cold washcloth down to her face. Kali was now 3 months into her pregnancy and her once flat stomach had been replaced with a cute little bump, "you're lucky I love you" she whispered as she rubbed her hand across her belly. When Kali exited the bathroom she grabbed herself a cup of coffee, standing with her back against the counter as she took her first sip, closing her eyes and enjoying the taste that ran down her throat "how ya feeling kid?" Kali's eyes shot open as she looked over to the living room, Wayne was sat on the sofa, lowering his newspaper slightly as he spoke "morning sickness still giving you hell?" Kali smiled and nodded to him as she made her way over, sitting down next to him "ya know it's funny, Eddie's mom never got sick when she was pregnant with him" Kali furrowed her brows at him, she had heard some old wives tales about signs that could point to what gender the baby was going to be but she never believed any of them, she looked down at her stomach and smiled "as long as they're healthy, I don't care what gender they are" she laughed slightly "although I know Billy wants a boy so he can teach him to surf" Wayne laughed along with her "nothing stopping him from teaching a girl how to surf" he continued laughing "I mean look at you" he gestured to Kali who furrowed her brows at his words "you're not exactly the girly type" Kali slapped his arm lightly as she laughed along with him. He had a point, Kali was definitely not like most girls. Kali set her coffee mug down on the counter, slapping her knees as she stood "well, I'm gonna go wake sleeping beauty so he's not late for work again" Wayne nodded to her, laughing at the way she described Billy as she walked back to her room.

Kali softly closed the door behind her, looking over to see Billy still snoring away, she smiled to herself as she crept towards the bed. She climbed on top of his sleeping body, straddling him as she rested her hands on his chest, she leaned into his ear "morning Romeo" Billy's eyes fluttered open as he looked up at the beautiful girl sat in front of him "morning princess" he smiled up at her, "and good morning to you baby" he said as he rested his hand against her stomach, he sat up slightly so he could kiss her growing stomach. Kali laid herself on the bed next to him, resting her head against his chest "I could stay here forever" he said in a raspy voice, "me too" Kali smiled as she played with the ring on her finger, she jumped up and looked over at him "but someone has to go to work" Billy groaned at her words, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her back down to his chest "five more minutes" he groaned causing a small laugh to leave Kali's lips "fine five more minutes".

The couple laid there for a little while longer, talking about their future "okay we really need to start thinking about names" Kali spoke as she rubbed her belly "hmm what about Isaac?" Billy hummed "or Jack?" Kali scrunched her nose up, it's not that she didn't like the names he was suggesting but they were all boy names "you know it could be a girl right?" The thought hadn't even crossed Billy's mind, he shook his head and smiled "nope, my family is famous for having almost all boys"

"Okay then just humour me, give me some girl names" Kali smiled, Billy looked over at her, a wide smile spread across his face "I already have the perfect girl name so you don't need to worry about that" Kali looked at him confused, he pulled her close and whispered the name in her ear. Kali felt butterflies when she heard the name, he was right. It was perfect.

"So what is my princess doing today while I'm stuck at work?" Billy smiled as he pulled his jeans over his swim trunks, looking over at Kali who was looking through her wardrobe for something to wear, she paused as she pulled out one of her baggy band T-shirts, she threw it on the bed along with some shorts and her studded belt "well I'm not sure" she mumbled as she pulled the T-shirt on over her head, "Ed's is getting a new tattoo today so I was thinking of going with him" she pulled her shorts up but struggled to button them over her stomach, she huffed and groaned, no matter how hard she tried, they wouldn't do up "looks like I'll have to go shopping for more clothes too" she laughed as she pulled the shorts off. Billy smiled at her as he kneeled down in front of her, kissing her belly "you're worth every penny" he whispered to the baby before standing up, he grabbed his wallet and handed some cash to Kali, who looked at him wide eyed but before she could say anything Billy raised his hand "you're my princess, let me treat you like one" he placed a kiss on her forehead, Kali nodded at his gesture as she shoved the cash into her own wallet. Once they had finished getting ready, Kali walked billy over to his car, kissing him as he stepped into the drivers seat. She leant down and smiled at him through the open window "don't forget we have a doctors appointment later" Billy smiled at her words. How could forget, this was going to be the first time they saw their child and he was more then excited, "I'll pick you up from here as soon as I'm done with work and then we'll head straight over" he turned the engine over, kissing Kali one last time before driving off. Kali watched as he pulled out of trailer park, after he had disappeared from sight she made her way back inside the trailer "you ready to go?" Eddie smiled at her, she nodded her head as she grabbed her jacket and headed out to his van. Eddie being the gentleman that he is, helped her into the passenger seat before making his way round and climbing into the drivers side "oh yeah, can you take me shopping later?" Eddie looked over at Kali confused, she gestured down to the pair of sweatpants she had managed to squeeze herself into "I need some new clothes" she laughed. Eddie laughed along with her as he nodded his head "not a problem sweetheart" he beamed as he put his keys in the ignition, driving off towards the tattoo parlour.

Kali was starting to panic, it was nearly 6pm, he should be here by now, she thought to herself as she paced up and down the living room. Eddie came out from his bedroom, swinging his keys in his hands "come on, I'll take you" Kali looked at him before looking back at the clock, 6:15, "fuck" she muttered as she grabbed her jacket "where is he?" She muttered to herself as she looked around the trailer park. He was nowhere in sight. Kali sighed as they pulled out and headed towards the hospital. Billy knew how important this appointment was and he was excited about it when they spoke that morning, something must have happened, Kali couldn't stop the negative thoughts invading her mind as she stared out of the window. She was pulled from her thoughts when Eddie's hand took hold of hers, she looked at him through saddened eyes as they pulled up outside the hospital. She glanced round the parking lot quickly as they made their way inside, looking for the blue Camaro she desperately needed to see.

"And there's your baby" the nurse spoke, the thoughts of Billy soon left Kali's mind as she stared at the screen. There it was. Kali's eyes welled up as she watched the small flicker on the screen, she grabbed Eddie's hand tight as he leaned closer to her, placing a kiss on her temple as he watched the screen "congratulations to you both" Kali's eyes shot over to Eddie, who looked just as shocked as she did at the nurses words "oh, um, we're not.." Eddie tried to set the nurse straight before Kali interrupted him "thank you" she smiled, Eddie looked at her confused, her eyes meeting his, he didn't know why she didn't correct the nurse but now was not the time to ask. As Kali finished wiping the jelly off of her stomach the nurse handed Eddie a small sonogram picture, he looked down at the image and smiled, Kali pulled his hand down slightly so she could also see the picture. They stayed their for a little while, completely fascinated by the fact that Kali really did have a mini human growing inside her.