12| acts of desperation

WHEN SHE WOKE UP after passing out on the floor of Scott's room, she grabbed the water bottle by the nightstand and consumed her required intake of poison, gagging afterwards at the distaste.

     It was nighttime, and the house was eerily quiet, meaning her friends haven't come back from their mission to save Liam and his friend yet. She wondered if it worked, if they got them back from the dread doctor's hold.

     When she turned the doorknob, it was still locked. Her phone was in the living room, and there wasn't a landline in the bedroom to call someone to unlock the door. Juliette groaned in irritation, finally letting go of the doorknob. She spun around in frustration, scanning the room for any way out.

     Her eyes focused on the window over the bed, an idea sparking in her mind. She was still weak, but she figured she could manage climbing down. "Fuck this." She mumbled as she opened the door, stepping outside and holding onto the bricks of the house. She looked down, reassuring herself that jumping off of a one story house couldn't be that bad. She's certainly done it before, albeit the addition of her ingesting weakening poison was brand new. 

      Closing her eyes, she jumped out. "Woah!" She heard someone scream out the moment she landed in the bushes. They reached over to help and when she looked up, she saw Stiles towering over her, helping her up. "What the hell are you doing?"

      She plucked a tree branch out of her hair, coughing. "Did they find him?" She asked, her grip on his arms to maintain balance. "Did they find Liam?"

     "Yeah, he's asleep in the living room with Hayden."

      She exhaled deeply in relief, closing her eyes for full effect. "Good." She dragged the palm of her hand through her face before lightly slapping his shoulder. "If you ever lock me in a room again, I'm going to kill you." She observed his body language, seeing his worried expression. "What? What is it?"

      Stiles looked around them to make sure they were alone, then grasped her wrist and distanced themselves away from the living room window. "My dad had a plan to catch whoever is taking the bodies. He placed the other body in the autopsy room in the hospital and had his best cops line up around it, but the body was still gone."

      She sensed that this wasn't the most worrying part of the story and asked, "You found out who it is, didn't you?"

     "Parrish." He said, pursing his lips. "It's Parrish. He's the one taking the bodies. But I don't think... I don't think he's aware of it."

     "What do you mean?"

     "We don't know what he is, yet— but we think he might be taking the bodies to the Nemeton."

      Juliette nodded, supporting the theory. They always knew Parrish was supernatural, although they never had the time to discover which creature he was. She narrowed her eyes at Stiles, suspicion in her eyes. "That's not all, is it?"

      "No..." He prepared himself with a long exhale. "Kira's gone."

      She widened her eyes. "Gone?"

     "She read the book and found out the dread doctors did operations on her, she just doesn't know what." He explained. "And her powers have been out of control, and her mother suggested a trip to Skinwalkers to help."

     "That's it?" She whispered. "She's gone, just like that?"

      Stiles lowered his gaze in remorse, nodding lowly. "Yeah, and it doesn't seem like it's stopping there."