14| deal with a devil

WHEN JULIETTE WOKE UP, she looked down to see she was wearing a blue and white hospital gown.

Juliette blinked through her blurry vision and saw Melissa McCall going through the medical kit. The nurse turned to her when she heard her breathing. "You're awake, good." She exhaled in relief. "You've been out for a couple of hours."

     "Scott—" She muttered, lifting her head up and instantly feeling a migraine push her heavy head back to the bed.

     "Scott's fine." Melissa said in a soothing voice. "So is Liam. Theo's plan didn't work." She reassured her. "It almost did." She admitted sorrowfully.

      She felt relief wash over her. "And Stiles?"

      "He's right outside filing some paperwork. He's been here all night." She pointed to the open door revealing the dimly lit hallway. "Noah was injured, Juliette. He'll be okay, but he's under anaesthetics and needs to be stitched up. Stiles said Theo planned this, that he planned to almost kill him."

She buried her face in the palm of her hands in disdain. Of course Theo wasn't going to stop there. She hated that she underestimated him so much. "Is he going to be okay?"

Melissa gave her a small smile, almost unsure. "I hope so."

It dawned on her that this was her fault— she could've easily stopped this if she killed Theo when she had the chance. She should've known he was planning something bigger than all of this.

       "I have to go see him." Juliette got up, seeing her clothes neatly folded on the chair beside the hospital bed, but couldn't bring herself to waste time changing.

"You can't." She informed her. "They won't let anyone see him yet, they say they might let us in after two hours and even then, only family can go in."

He is my family, she wanted to say. She wanted to fight back, ask her what doctor she had to persuade into letting her in the hospital room, but then she remembered someone else that might be in danger. "Wait— what about Lydia?" Juliette recalled getting a message from Lydia to meet her at the library, and never figured out where she was.

"Lydia..." She let in a deep breath to prepare herself. "Deputy Parrish found Lydia in the woods... paralysed." She told her. "She's in the hospital room downstairs."

"Shit." Juliette groaned, sitting back down at the shock of the news. "Did Theo do this too?"

The guilt inside her only grew when Melissa nodded in confirmation. "When he found her in the woods, she was holding Noah's Sheriff badge. They think Theo took her there to send a message."

In the woods. Why would Theo take her to the middle of the woods? Juliette shook her thoughts away, getting up. "Do you know what floor she's on?" Melissa left the hospital room after telling her the room number, and that Lydia was only a floor below.

Juliette walked limply towards the mirror, dragging a hand down her pale face. They wiped the blood clean off her face, but when she opened her mouth she saw the horrific sight of her blood stained teeth. She also saw her hair was braided neatly, and she untied it hastily, letting it fall into big waves, although the ends of her chocolate brown hair were blemished with a faint blood red.

She considered changing back into her clothes before leaving the room, but the sound of shouting coming from the hallway diverted her thinking. Stiles. She walked out of the room as fast as she could, which in her case was snail pace due to her ankle and rib injuries.