FRIENDS AND OFFERS

Chapter 1: Friends and Offers

22.46 | June 23rd - (Y/N)

(Y/N)'s Room

"Well that was a shitty ending."

Your best friends Laura dully noted from her spot on your right. Your head rested on her shoulder while she leaned against the headboard of your bed. The credits of the movie you'd been watching started rolling and you couldn't help but agree. The movie itself hadn't been all that great either but the incomplete feel of the ending really sealed the deal.

"Yeah well that's what we get when someone doesn't read the movie description before putting it on."

"I'm sorry!"

The completing element of your trio, Max, said. He was sprawled out against your and Laura's legs, head turning to look back at you.

"Yeah okay."

You, Max and Laura had all known each other for years; having met in the first week of freshmen year. It had been an instant bond and you were as thick as thieves. Here you were now, watching shitty movies during one of your weekly sleepovers. Both Laura and Max lived nearby so you spent a lot of your time together.

And you'd be spending even more time together now that in two days time you'd all be camp counsellors at Hackett's Quarry Summer Camp.

Max had been to first find out about the camp had insisted that all of you apply to be counsellors. It was in upstate New York, quite a few hours of drive, but you'd all agreed; wanting to have some fun before starting college.

Laura was already studying to be a vet so it was only natural that she became the camp nurse counsellor and wildlife guide. Max would be the activities coordinator. With his friendly nature, it was perfect. And you were going to be camp's music instructor. You could play guitar and you'd like to think you had a fairly good voice so it only felt right. 

It was all gonna be great; a summer spent in fun with your two best friends and seven other counsellors. 

"In my defence, the cover looked really cool."

Max said, sitting up and using the remote to turn the movie off. A colourful display of other movies appeared on your tv.

"Maybe trying reading next time Max."

Laura replied.

"Yeah, okay." 

He moved himself up off of your legs and came to sit on your left, the remote resting on his lap. 

"Wanna watch another movie?" You offered. Max's face lit up. "Laura's choosing this time, sorry."

He laughed.

"Fair enough. She probably has better judgement than both of us."

"That I do."

The redhead handed the remote to Laura over you. She took it and immediately went to scrolling through horror movies.

"Oh come on Laur!"

"Seconded. Laura, do we have to watch a horror movie?"

You pleaded.

"What, afraid of a little werewolf horror?"

"Werewolves on top of that?!" Max burried his head into one of your pillows. "Hell no." His voice came out muffled. You patted his head.

"If that's what you really want, we can handle it Laura."

"Well I'm glad one of you gets it." She went back to scrolling through movies before stopping and turning to you. "We did have something to ask you actually (N/N)."

"Oh?"

"Yeah so Max and I want to head up to Hackett's Quarry tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" 

We're not due until the 25th though...

"You wanna go one day early?"

"Yeah, you know. To adjust and stuff. Scope out the area."

Max said.

"You say that as if there's some sort of threat."

"You never know..."

"Anyway, we contacted Mr H and he's aware we're coming tomorrow. We wanted to ask if you wanted to come along with us?"

Head up to camp early? As much as I'd never turn down a roadtrip, I still have so much to pack. Also late night driving to somewhere I've never been before doesn't really speak to me.

"Thanks for the offer guys but I still have a lot to do before camp. I'm gonna have to say no."

PATH CHOSEN

Friend's Journey: (Y/N) turned down Max and Laura's offer to head down to the camp early. 

"Aww..." Max whined which resulted in Laura flicking him on the head. "Hey!"

"We get it (Y/N), we'll see you there."

She reassured. 

"Thanks. You two sure about doing this? Late night driving to a place you barely know?"

"Max has assured me that he will be very well behaved during the entire drive." She smiled. "And his mom'll kill him if he crashes her car so."

"Yeah, that parts all too real."

Max was slightly leaned out of the bed, his head down. You looked around him to see that he was inspected one of your bracelets on your nightstand. A shiny metal bracelet with two charms: A moon and a butterfly. At first, you'd thought it was silver but soon found out that it was fake. It was still gorgeous however and one of your favourite bracelets Max seemed to have really taken a liking to it.

I could give it to him for the time being. I'll get it back from him at some point on during camp anyway.

Option 1: Offer the bracelet to Max

Option 2: Let him inspect the bracelet without saying anything

End of chapter stats:

(Y/N) (L/N)

Physical health: 10/10

Mental health: 10/10

Relationships:

Laura Kearney is trying to find a movie to watch.
Max Brinly really likes your bracelet.
Emma Mountebank does not know who you are.
Jacob Custos does not know who you are.
Abigail Blyg does not know who you are.
Nick Furcillo does not know who you are.
Kaitlyn Ka does not know who you are.
Dylan Lenivy does not know who you are.
Ryan Erzahler does not know who you are.

Tarot Cards:

You have no tarot cards so far.

Camp Responsibilities:

You have no responsibilities so far.

Paths:

Friend's Journey: (Y/N) turned down Max and Laura's offer to head down to the camp early.