ICEBREAKERS

A/N: Somebody stop me from writing the time loop Max Brinly fic that's been living in my head rent free for the past two days please- Anyway; here's the next chapter, hope you enjoy!

Chapter 3: Icebreakers

The majority has selected option 3.

PATH CHOSEN

First Meetings: (Y/N) got to know Nick and Dylan.

11.36 | June 25th - (Y/N)

Lodge Main Hall

"Oh thanks, but I'll take you up on that later. I wanna go grab a drink first."

Definitely not influenced by wanting to properly meet those two by the snack table.

Jacob clapped you on the back.

"No worries man, see you in a bit!"

"See ya."

You split ways and you headed to the right where the two brunettes were standing side by side.

Okay so this is either gonna be super awkward or gonna go super well...Hope it's the latter.

Ignoring the nervousness bubbling up in you; you stepped up to the table, putting your hands down onto the wood.

"Why hello there." Denim jacket boy, Dylan, greeted. "(Y/N) right?"

"Yup. You're Dylan." You thought for a moment before recalling the other boys name. "And you're Nick."

He nodded with a small smile. He seemed to be a shy person, just like the red haired girl.

"So can we pour you a drink?"

Dylan offered, motioning to the various bottles of soft drinks on the table. There was your favourite drink as well and you pointed towards it.

"I could go for some of that."

"Coming right up!"

Dylan made a grand show of taking a cup, shaking the bottle and pouring it into the cup like a bartender. He managed to spill some of it, which made Nick immediately reach for napkins.

"And voila! Thank you Assistant Nick, for the clean up."

Dylan handed you the cup, which you took with a small laugh.

"Thank you very much kind sir."

Everyone seemed to ease up as jokes were exchanged. You took a sip of your drink.

"Should've had Nick make that for you. He's the camp chef so."

"Oh yeah, I remember. I'm sure you're a great cook Nick."

He smiled a little.

"It's nothing much really. Just a few things I picked up by practising."

That was the first time you'd heard him say anything and you couldn't help but focus on how pleasant his voice was, with his Australian accent.

"Dude, give yourself some credit!" Dylan put a hand on his shoulder and turned to you. "I swear, he says this now but we're gonna taste his cooking today or tomorrow and it's gonna be a godsend."

Nick turned red.

"No, guys really-"

"No yeah, I agree Dylan. You're holding out on us here."

"Says the music counsellor with their guitar!"

Nick countered somewhat playfully.

"Oh this? Yeah, I can play a few things, and I like to think I have a good voice. Mostly Arctic Monkeys and stuff like that but I learned the Hackett's Quarry Camp Song."