HOW TO BE A HACKETTEER

Chapter 5: How To Be A Hacketteer

The majority had selected option 1.C

PATH CHOSEN

Roommates: (Y/N) chose to share bunks with Dylan.

12.26 | June 25th - (Y/N)

Hackett's Quarry Summer Camp Lodge

You shouldered your bag and took hold of your guitar case before nudging Dylan, who was grabbing his own bag next to you, in the shoulder.

"What's up?"

He questioned, giving you a side glance and smile.

"So, hypothetically, assuming we have bunk beds, how would you feel about being bunkmates with me?"

You asked almost nervously. However there seemed to be no need to worry about the boy's response because his grin grew bigger and he nodded.

"Uh, dude, hell yes!" 

You couldn't help a smile of your own take over in relief as you received confirmation. Sure you'd only known him for maybe an hour or two tops but Dylan seemed like a really fun but also kind guy. A summer spent bunking with him already sounded nice and, hey, you could always switch with someone else if you wanted.

"Cool, thanks."

"My pleasure."

Dylan is happy to be bunking with you.

Satisfied with your deal, both of you joined the rest of the counsellors outside at the camp's map where they were trying to figure out the path to the cabins.

"So we're here..." Emma pointed to the lodge and then slid her finger across the map to the cabins, following a small path on it. "And we're going here."

"So we're going through the woods." Kaitlyn said before shrugging. "Great. Should be like a ten minute walk if we follow that path."

"Alright then, let's go."

With that; the eight of you set off towards the cabins, chattering amongst yourselves excitedly. The eight of you...What should have been ten, missing your two best friends. You tried to push the thought of Max and Laura to a far away corner of your mind, trying to convince yourself nothing was wrong, but something was really bothering you about this whole thing. Maybe you were being paranoid, or maybe there was something wrong. Maybe Mr H was hiding something.

No. That's absurd.

That had to be about the farthest thing from the truth. There was nothing wrong. Everything was fine. 

You dismissed your suspicions. There was nothing wrong. The summer was only just beginning.

12.41 | June 25th - (Y/N)

Hackett's Quarry Camp Cabins

"Oh yeah, I can get used to this place!" 

Dylan cheered as he entered cabin 1, throwing his arms up and doing a little spin. You, Jacob, Ryan and Nick followed after him. 

"Whoa..." Nick whispered as he looked around.

"This place..." Jacob started.

"...is actually kinda nice." 

You finished for him. 

Surprisingly enough, the inside of the cabin was actually fairly spacious. Two sets of bunk beds were set up on either side of the room with another one laid out against the far back wall. There were two wooden night stands with drawers beside the beds and two large cabinets to the left and the right of the bed against the back wall, for all your stuff you presumed. There was a circular rug in the very middle of the room and a window with curtains next to the door to your cabin. It was a lot bigger than you thought it would be.