00 ❈ Prologue

October 2016

Y/N casually conversed with some kids in their class, trying to get to know people. They had always tried to be extroverted and social, but it was hard when they were always targeted...

"Hey, Y/N! Come here, we need to talk." A young girl exclaimed, grabbing Y/N's small, skinny arm, dragging them across the classroom.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" Y/N asked, perplexed why the girl was gripping onto their arm so tightly. The girl finally let go, and had brought Y/N to a group of male students.

However, these male students were Y/N's biggest fear.

"Thanks for bringing them." One of the boys said, a large grin visible on his tiny face. The boy then got closer to Y/N, causing them to be cornered.

The entire situation was discombobulating.

"Hey monkey legs, why are you always so loud? It's so annoying!" One boy said, giggling and looking at his friends for approval.

"Monkey legs? Are my legs really that hairy..."Y/N mumbled, looking down at their legs, half covered by the grey shorts they were wearing that almost reached their knees.

"Your shorts are so big, why are you so small? Strange since you have such a big mouth!" Another boy shouted. The entire group of boys started laughing and kept chanting "Big mouth" and "Monkey legs".

Y/N got mad and tried to push through the boys to get away, but they just pushed them back up against the corner of the room.
"Trying to escape, monkey legs?"
One boy then punched Y/N in the stomach, causing them to fall to the ground.

Then, before Y/N knew it, they all started joining in, throwing pens and paper balls at them, and smacking them hard enough to leave a bruise.
One kid then had the audacity to punch Y/N in the eye, causing them to scream out in pain.

A single tear shed down Y/N's bruised eye, and the group went completely silent. That was the last thing they saw, before Y/N started sprinting towards the exit of the classroom.

This isn't the first time they've done this. They've always picked on Y/N. They never even did anything wrong.

Y/N wasn't trying to be loud, they just wanted to interact with people.

Y/N didn't mean to have a big mouth, they tried to keep it closed more often, but that would result in a less extroverted personality, which was not their goal.

Y/N didn't mean to have hairy legs, they weren'5 allowed to shave them because their parents didn't let them.

Everything about Y/N was made fun of. Leaving a new insecurity for them to about.

The moment when Y/N's eye got bruised is when they had enough.

That's the last memory Y/N had at a public school.