06 ❈ A Petite Gift

Ding dong!

A doorbell sound abruptly played loudly downstairs, awakening you from a dreamless slumber.

Gently rubbing your exhausted eyes, you recall that yesterday you ordered a gift for Kazuha, a black necklace with a shiny, bronze maple leaf pendant attached to it.

PYou sluggishly rise from your snug, warm bed and make your way to the front door of the house, trying to be as quiet as possible to not wake up Kazuha or his mother.

You slowly open the front door and see the mailman patiently standing outside, a tiny package in his hand.

"Delivery for Uhm..." The mailman looked extremely fatigued, which you understood since the sun was about to rise. "Y/N?"

Nodding, you took the box and looked up at the mailman with a weary smile. "Thank you."
You swiftly and soundlessly shut the door and were about to return upstairs until...

"Y/N..." You heard a husky voice fill the silence in the living room. "What are you doing awake this early?"

You turned around to see Kazuha at the bottom of the staircase, his hair loose and messy. His carmine-colored eyes reflect the soft, orange sun rays flooding in through the windows.

"I swear I heard the doorbell ring..." He appeared as if he was about to fall asleep standing.

"Ah! Kazuha. Uhm, good morning," you stuttered, trying to think of an excuse for being up so early, "I ordered something a few days ago and it came quite early in the morning, haha, sorry."

The room was so tranquil you could hear Kazuha's light, steady breathing. "Alright, best you go back to sleep. It's way too early for you to be awake right now."

As he climbed upstairs, you glanced at the petite package in your palm, and you ripped it open, revealing the accessory you had purchased.

It appeared to be in good condition, and you brought it with you upstairs.

You placed it inside the drawer on your bedside table and snuggled back into your comfy bed, covering yourself with the cozy, soft sheets.

It felt like heaven, you never experienced something this comfortable before. You fell asleep almost instantly, feeling yourself slip away this quick was an unusual sensation.

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

'Wake up, Y/N. It's a new day.'

Kazuha's voice again...

Yawning quietly, you saw Kazuha seated on the edge of the bed again and, like yesterday, dressed for school.

"I made you breakfast again," he stood up from the bed, "it's the same as yesterday so I hope you don't mind." He then left the room in an instant.

Is he going to keep making me breakfast? So cute!

After you changed your attire, you walked over to the bed and picked up your phone lying next to your gift to Kazuha in the bedside table drawer.

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

You and Kazuha sat on the couch downstairs, both on your phones. However, you felt like something was off.