07 ❈ An Undying Fear

It was almost midnight. You couldn't sleep. At all. No matter how many times you tried, you couldn't rest.

Only one thing lingered in your mind, and that was the fact that your bully had joined your school. You couldn't get it out of your brain like it was haunting your thoughts.

After what felt like hours, you eventually slipped into a dream. Well, it was a dream at first.

You were running in a field of Cecilia, much like the painting Venti drew back in that one art lesson. The sky above you was clear. It appeared to be sunset.

You kept sprinting down the field cluelessly. You then stopped when you saw Kazuha standing in front of you. He had an inconsolable look on his face. His head was facing downwards.

Reaching out to him, you cupping his cheek with one of your hands and caressing it gently.

"Kazuha, what's the matter?" He stayed silent, slowly looking up to meet your gaze. You saw a single tear form in his left eye, which you quickly wiped away.

"Please tell me what's wrong." You used your other hand to grip his shoulder. You softened your tone to calm him.

He then pointed to the ground, where you saw a single Cecilia. But this Cecilia was different.

It had dirt stains on it as if someone had trampled all over it, its color had obscured, and it looked completely dead.

For some reason, the sight of this dead plant made you feel disheartened. You looked back up at Kazuha, who still looked as devastated as ever.

Why is this single Cecilia flower making me feel so... despondent?

The energy it's giving off is incredibly debilitating for some weird reason.

Kazuha's shoulder escaped your grasp as he started to flee the scene. You reached your hand out to him, crying out his name. Strangely, you didn't want him to leave your presence.

When he got too far away, you felt drained and empty, it was almost like Kazuha was your source of life. So you started to chase after him, trying to embrace his warmth.

"Please don't leave me, Kazuha!" He sped up as soon as you got close, leaving you even more downcast than you were before.

You used every ounce of strength you had in this dream to push through the endless wave of flowers, and eventually, you caught up to him. And just as you were about to grab his shoulder...

Someone pulled you back.

You quickly turned to see him.

Keitoru.

You stumble backward, trying to get away from him. His aura felt suffocating like you were being choked by an unknown fear that had swallowed you whole.

"Stay away from me!" You kept trying to crawl away, but he kept staring right through you, and you couldn't look away.

In his eyes, you could see the reflection of horrendous things, everything you have ever feared in your life.