bad mental health day (requested)

Opening her eyes, Sabrina was surprised to find that you weren't in bed with her any longer.

She looked at the clock and saw that it was a little after one o'clock in the afternoon.

She remembers being awake with you a few hours ago and sharing breakfast together before you asked if you could go back to bed and she could hold you.

She remembered turning on a film before she fell asleep, drifting off into a peaceful slumber for a few hours.

You didn't explain why you didn't want to do anything but lay in bed and have her hold onto you on this beautiful day but she wasn't complaining.

But not having you there with her worried her.

Getting out of bed, she headed downstairs and saw you sitting on the sofa with your head in your hands.

"Y/N? Baby, are you okay?" She asked as she quickly walked to your side. "Are you sick? Does your head hurt or something?"

It was the first thing that came to her mind.

She sat down beside you and gently laid her hand on your shoulder, brushing her fingers across your skin as you breathed out a shaky sigh and lifted your head.

"No."

"Baby, what's the matter?" She asked as she sensed that something was very wrong.

"I don't know. I'm having a bad day mentally. I'm anxious."

"About?"

"I don't know. I can't figure out what's bothering me, I just feel anxious."

She understood that, sometimes, anxiety came without any reason.

Sometimes you don't know why it's there but it is and you just can't shake the feeling.

It happens and she understands it all too well.

"That's okay, baby." She softly spoke before you moved into her arms. "It's alright to have bad mental health days. It's normal to feel anxious and not know why. There's nothing wrong with that."

You exhaled heavily as you closed your eyes, breathing in the smell of her shampoo that lingered on her long blonde hair as she held you close.

"Breathe, darling I'm here."

It wasn't easy to do.

You've had several anxiety attacks lately, some coming with reasons while others left you clueless yet scared.

You can feel your heart pounding against your chest and your palms sweating.

Breathing wasn't easy but you tried.

"Is this why you wanted to spend the day inside and in my arms?" She wondered as she stared down at you in care and adoration.

"Yeah. When I have days like these, you're the only thing that makes me feel better." You said. "It's hard, Sabrina. I'm tired and my anxiety is just awful these days. You're the only thing that makes me feel safe and stable."

She laid her head on yours and softly brushed her fingers across your back, comforting you as you tried to relax.

"I will always be here for you." She promised. "There's nothing in this world that would ever make me pull away or leave you alone. I will always do my best to make you feel better. I'm happy that you feel safe with me when you feel lost otherwise because you do the same for me."

You cracked a small smile at that.

"Is there anything I can do to help you other than hold onto you? Do you need something to drink or eat? Do you need me to turn on a movie or carry you up to bed?" She asked as she kissed your head, gently brushing her nails across your back.

"No." You said quietly, listening to her heartbeat. "Can we just stay here for a few? I just want to be with you and have you hold me, just like this."

"Of course, my sweet girl." She softly replied. "If that's what you want, then we'll stay right here, just like this, for as long as your heart desires. I'll hold you and I won't let go. I promise."

The anxiety still lingered for you but it faded away a bit as Sabrina held you tight, making sure you knew that you were loved and safe, because she knows that you need to be reminded of that more than usual right now.