off topic - oneshot

not requested

word count: 2k 

summary: studying with Nancy late at night when suddenly you both get distracted. friends to lovers.

Warnings: none, unless smooching is one.

-----------------

Only the sound of a radio playing was heard throughout the room. You and Nancy both laid on her bed. She was on her stomach flipping through the pages of a textbook while you laid sprawled out on your back. Your forearm resting over your eyes to block out the light from her lamp. You turned your head and peaked an eye out from your shield.

The clock read 10:42. Which in your opinion was too late to even be thinking about books, words, and chemistry terms. Sighing you went back to your original position. Accidentally laying your other hand on top of some cards.

How Nancy was still going was well beyond your knowledge. The fact it was Monday too. How could she have this much energy? You were absolutely beat from staying up late the night before and being handed an ass-load of homework at 9:00 in the morning was not helping the case. But you promised Nancy you would stay over to study for the Chemistry test that was coming up. So, after school you headed to her house. No way you were passing up the opportunity to spend time with her. Not that she needed to know that.

She practically forced you to do your homework before doing anything else. With a groan you obliged and were able to accomplish it within an hour. Then followed flashcards, followed by highlighting notes, then there came writing the terms down, memorizing them some more, followed by even more flashcards. The only brief break that you got was dinner. However, only the food was enjoyable for the fact Mike's mouth kept blabbering the whole time. At one point a chunk of something was spat on your face. You grimaced at the memory. After that delightful experience was even more studying, memorizing, and remembering.

Nancy allowed you to take a break some time around 10:20ish. Well it's not like you couldn't have stopped before. She just finally noticed how your head was bobbing slightly as your eyes closed slowly before snapping open again. That's when she spoke up and stated she could do some independent work while you took some time to rest.

You denied stating you were fine. She quirked an eyebrow at you as a stare off began. Her glaring while you squinted back. You broke first. Now here you were waiting for her to finally give in ang get some proper shut eye. All of her rustling with the paper and the capping and uncapping of pens, markers, and any other writing tool in existence was not allowing you to fall into the deep deep heaven of sleep. She'd have to give in soon though, not?

Nancy flipped through the glossy papers of her textbook. Seeing if she missed anything. Her eyes turned to her notebook. Grabbing it and uncapping her pen to underline a certain sentence that was deemed to be important. She capped it and looked back to the textbook. She glanced over a couple pages again before deciding she had everything that was needed written down. Closing the book Nancy brought her attention back to her notebook once again. Looking over all the terms and notes highlighted with a variety of colors.

Her attention grew thin however as she saw you out of the corner of her eye. Peering over in your direction Nancy took in the position you were in. Not completely sure if you were passed out or not. She watched as your chest slowly rose and fell, your knee slightly bent at an awkward angle as to not fall on her, a hand over your eyes while the other laid next to your body on top of a few flashcards that were previously set down. She eyed the flashcards before moving her eyes back to you.

"Y/n," Nancy spoke softly. She got a hum in response. There was a brief pause as she chewed on the tip of her pen. "Would it be okay if you quizzed me with the flash cards again." Instantly she got a groan in response. "Just for a little bit!-"