what happens? - oneshot

request 

word count: 1.6k

summary: Eddie finally meets your parents and let's just say he is not what they expected...

Warnings: hurt/comfort, swearing, dad's a douche ngl, if I missed any let me know!!

----------------

You had it all planned out. Both of your parents would be home by 6:00. You changed into some casual attire for the occasion. Not too fancy just something better then what you usually wore at this time. Dinner would be ready when they walked through the door. Just the table needing to be set. Eddie would walk in at 6:15 on the dot. Not a minute later, not a minute sooner he assured you.

Your plan was fool proof everything was perfect. The food was prepared, the four plates laid out on the tablecloth each one complimented with silverware on the side, your parents sat across from the two empty chairs where you and Eddie would be sitting. You looked at the clock as it struck 6:15 on the dot. The doorbell rang thought the house. This just couldn't go wrong.

...Of course until it did.

You went to open the door. Looking over your shoulder at the duo on your way.

"He really is a great guy. You'll love him," you stated smiling at them. You put a hand on the knob turning and pulling the door open to reveal a bouquet of flowers. Eddie's head popped out from behind it. A smile adorning his features.

"Hi," he greeted in a soft voice stepping into the house as you motioned for him to come in.

"Make sure you take off your shoes, Mom hates dirt in the house," you explained briefly, looking around the corner to see your parents. Who were waiting patiently to meet the guy of the hour. You held a finger up signaling that it would be just a moment. Turning back to Eddie you took in his attire. He was in a pair of blue jeans, ditching his usual chains, his chest was clad in a dark green button up, his hands ring less. You frowned slightly, "You didn't have to get all dolled up. I want them to meet you, not someone who you're portraying," you told him in a quite tone. He gave you another smile, reassuring you.

"They'll meet me, honey. Don't worry 'bout it," his voice was just as soft as before. He placed a light kiss to your temple before stepping out to reveal himself. A light gasp was heard from the otherwise silent room. Your mother's eyes were wide as she tried to bring herself to smile. Your father on the other hand not making the effort, his brows scrunching together. You nervously fidgeted with your hands. Deciding to break the awkward silence.

"This is Eddie." It was a simple statement, but enough to get rid of some tension. Eddie waved uneasily with a hand, the other holding out the flowers to your mother as he approached the table. She took a moment to responded. Finally deciding to stand and take the flowers with a polite thank you. She went to the kitchen to find a vase as you sat down. Motioning for Eddie to follow. Hesitantly he sat across from your father. He held out a hand to the man.

"Nice to meet you, sir. I've heard a lot about you."

"Wish I could say the same," your father told him, briefly shaking Eddie's hand before bringing it back to his side. You're mother entered back into the room.

"Now that's not true, hon. We've heard a whole bunch about you, Eddie. Y/n says that your still in school, is that right?" The man in question nodded as she sat down.

"Yes, I haven't been able to really find my way out of high school yet. This year will be different though. Y/n has been helping me study and keep my head above water so I'll for sure graduate."

"Did you say that last year too?" your dad muttered while taking a drink from his cup. Your jaw dropped.

"Dad!" you exclaimed at his audacity. He shrugged his shoulders.