the baby.

───*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ───

opening

"connie!?" i scream across our house, reaching for the blanket across the couch but failing.

"yeah, hun?" i can hear him running across the house, and he darts through the door way of the living room.

he sighs at the sight of me, sitting there, legs crossed, hands are folded over my stomach. he smiled.

"yes, hun?" he said again, much more relaxed, sighing as he raised his eyebrows.

"i cant... reach it!!" i whined at him, grunting as i again reached for the blanket, my husband only smiling more.

"okay. okay." he sighed, walking towards me and handing me the soft material.

"here you go." i smiled and wrapped the blanket around my torso.

"thank you." i mumbled as i began to doze off. he grabbed my hand and rubbed the back with his thumb. somehow, i felt him smiling at me as my eyes closed, and my hand dropped from his. he began to walk away.

"con..." he heard my mutter and spun on his heels, walking back to the side of the couch.

"yeah, babe?" he rested his arms on the back of the couch, looking down at me.

"why did you come running so fast?" i whispered, "i didn't mean to scare you."

"well," he grabbed my arm and rubbed it again, "i just wanted to make sure you were alright." i opened my eyes to find him staring at me gently.

i smiled, realizing, "oh." i giggled, "because i'm preg-" my whispers turned into just my lips moving as i fell into slumber. sometimes, i forgot the magical truth of the past few months. i was pregnant.

"yeah." he whispered, and the last thing i heard before i went out was a whispered "i love you."

───*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ───

how she tells him she's pregnant

"hey connie!" i yelled from the kitchen, "the new shirts i ordered for you just got delivered, i think." i stirred the batch of cookie dough, trying to hide my smirk, "could you get them?"

it was a classic prank. i told connie i had ordered him some new clothes for his new job, but they werent for him...

"oh, yay!" i saw him jump off the couch, but before heading to the door, he stopped by to kiss my cheek, "thanks babe." i giggled and watched him run to the door, then bringing the big package to the kitchen.

"open them up! i want to see!" he blushed and quickly opened the packaging. his face dropped.

"con, whats wrong?"

he slowly pulled out a baby tshirt, and i faked a gasp, putting my hand to my lips, "oh my gosh, did i get them all in baby sizes?"

he shook his head, and i sped walked over, digging through all the clothes.

he started to laugh, "how did you manage to do that mace?" he chuckled, and i did too.

"i have no idea, i do remember that website being extremely confusing." i frowned, "im sorry babe."

he chuckled again, kissing my temple, "its completely fine."

"yeah i guess," i smiled up at him, "at least now we have a use for them."

he blinked. so did i.

"good thing theres a baby on the way." i tried to stay serious, but i said it through a fit of laughter as i pulled out my test, handing it to conrad.

he stared at me longer.

"macee, are you serious?" he whispered, reading my eyes carefully.

i nodded, "yeah, connie. im pregnant."

he slowly took me in a hug, squeezing so tightly his arms shook. and he breathed out slowly. i hugged him back, wondering when it would hit and he would react.

he just hugged me for a few seconds, shaking his head.

and then he laughed out loud.

he picked me up, spinning my around the kitchen, "oh my gosh!" he said repeatedly, "youre pregnant! we're pregnant!" it had finally settled in, and he was ecstatic.

"lets do some more shopping!"

───*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ───

their gender reveal

"why can't we just do the normal confetti poppers?" conrad groaned, but smiled as we sat down to plan our gender reveal.

"because connie, that's too tacky." i fought, "we need something unique. something us."

he pressed his lips together in thought, scratching his head.

"i got it!" conrad's eyes gleamed, "let's do fireworks!"

i smiled, it had been done before, but it almost seemed perfect. i was so down.

jeremiah got the fireworks for us, he was the only one who knew the gender. everyone else wanted to be surprised too.

we traveled all the way back to the beach house, which conrad and jeremiah split ownership of now. and we laid out all of the blankets and food on the sand, just like we did a few summers ago now.

jeremiah set up the fireworks far away from us, and i squealed with glee, cuddling into conrad's chest.

"final guesses?" i asked, and conrad smirked.

"boy." he said. i pecked his cheek, anxious to see very soon.

"ready?!" the echo of jeremiah's voice made it across the beach, and the loud roar of cheers of our entire family erupted the sky.

the squeal of their release made my stomach twist, and conrad held me tighter on the ground.

suddenly, the brightest pink erupted the night sky, so bright it was blinding. my tears didn't help much, either.

conrad whooped from the ground, quickly rolling over to me to kiss my lips. and i clapped like a little girl.

"i knew it!" i laughed loudly, knowing somehow, we'd start off with a girl.

"i kinda did too," he smirked down at me, "i just liked disagreeing with you." we both laughed, and he helped me up for a big hug, spinning me around.

"do we have a name yet?" his father asked, and jeremiah was sprinted back from the other side of the beach, tackling his brother in a hug.

conrad smirked over at me, squeezing his brother tight, "yeah, we do."

i nodded, "susannah."

everyone stayed silent for a moment, but then gasped and awes filled the night skies too. and many hugs.

"it's perfect." his father hugged me gently, "thank you, kids."

"of course." i hugged him back, "she will be an perfect angel, just like her grandmother."

he released me, but kept his hands on my shoulders, "i have no doubt."

───*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ───