the baby 2.

───*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ───

"maybe just take a seat, hun." my husband pleaded as my hands were visibly shaking.

i took a deep breath and listened to his commands.

it had been a weird day.

our little boy was being so strange in my tummy today. between kicking up a storm last night, and something just feeling wrong today, i was getting concerned.

one of the first things you learn if you go to any pregnancy or mom-to-be class is mothers intuition. and that it starts in the womb.

usually, if somethings up with the little one inside, the mother can usually tell. strange feelings, behavior, or just vibes from your little one can help you detect when something could be seriously wrong. i was an over thinker, though, and we both knew this. conrad was just better at catching it then i was.

i got sick a few times last night, but finally was able to get some sleep before my work day. but as the day stretched on, weird pains and dizzy spells would hit me randomly. the ladies at work were concerned, but im a fighter when it comes to illness. ive always just pushed through.

but when i almost fainted at my desk, a coworker, a little old lady who sits next to me at work, literally called conrad for me.

gotta love linda.

conrad came to pick me up, and took me home. he held my hand the whole way, letting me vent about my day and only asked a few questions. i had just finished my anxiety vomit, what we like to call i my venting, and it was only then he started to look concerned.

"lets just give it a few hours, and we'll call the doctor. okay?" he handed me a cup of steaming mint tea, turning on gilmore girls, and getting underneath the blanket with me. with his body heat, the warm liquid soothing down my throat, and the blanket, i was instantly warm and cozy. i could tell our little boy liked it too.

i smiled and mumbled an 'i love you' as i fell asleep.

i felt conrad smile against my hair, and he brushed the few strands of hair that were on my face away behind my ear. he kissed my cheek, and i felt him fall asleep too.

that was until the cramps. searing pain ripped through my stomach, heading downward.

i flew upwards, spilling the cup of tea all over our legs. conrad hollered out, cupping his legs and wincing. i mustve not felt it because of my stomach.

"connie-" i felt as if i couldnt breathe, "somethings not right."

he was still wincing when he said, "what isnt?" he still hadnt looked at me, so there wasnt much urgency in his manner.

i put a hand on my stomach, realizing that these werent just cramps.

"i think these are contractions."

his eyes met mine, but mine soon filled up with water, so i couldnt see a thing.

connie was quick to action. i felt him scoop me up, grabbing the keys with one of his hands and getting the car started before we even got to the door. i was having an anxiety attack in his arms, and i was instantly light headed.

"ok, babe, im going to need you to breathe with me, ok?" he spoke calmly, but his feet ran across the house, grabbing many things before rushing out the door. the weight of his pregnant wife in his hands didnt seem to slow him down at all, "in. out. in. out." i tried to follow his words, but sobs choked their way out as well.

he placed me in the car, and i saw him dialing his phone as he walked around to the other side. i guessed it was jere when i heard him say, "mace is in labor and i need you to come watch suz. she's in bed, so just get here as quick as you can. doors unlocked." he didnt even wait for a goodbye to hang up.