the house.

───*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ───

macees pov

for the first few months, we lived in the beach house together. and it was magical.

walks on the beach every night, sharing that house just the two of us. part of me never wanted to leave.

but we both knew we should, get a place of our own somewhere and start our lives together.

we started off with this crusty apartment, just enough for both our jobs to pay for and just enough room for the both of us. we'd take turns hitting the ceiling with a broom to quiet down the upstairs neighbors, or spraying febreze to get rid of the weed smell that never left our living room. it wasnt forever, but it was enough.

you know you love each other when you just laugh at the next problem that arises.

like the flooding after a crazy storm, where we actually got money to leave the building so it could be shut down for good.

thankfully, we had many other places we had been looking at, so only a week at jere's place brought us to apartment number 2.

which was nicer, by a mile, but ate up our money pretty quickly. living pay check to pay check, we barely made it sometimes.

but like i said, life is easy when youre spending it with your best friend.

"i could live in a barn," conrad said while he kissed my lips one night, "as long as im with you, i wont complain a word."

i kissed him back, smiling, "how'd i get so lucky?"

"you know whats coming up in a month?" conrad asked me over breakfast one morning, standing over a plate of steaming eggs.

"hmm, cant think of anything." i joked, smiling, knowing full well what was next month.

"think harder." he teased, and i giggled.

"i know its our anniversary, dear." i blushed, and he kissed my cheek.

"one year down with you, eternity to go." he smiled, and i kissed him too, "guess whats also coming in a month?" he gleamed, and this time i didnt know.

"what?"

he sat down across from me, smirking, "a big promotion at work."

"connie!" he squealed, "congrats babe! you so deserve it!" i ruffled his hair, and it was his turn to blush. he had been working super hard at his job, and had gotten very close with his boss, so we had seen this coming.

but, i would take any opportunity to cherish my boo.

"dinner, tonight! wherever you want!" i spoke proudly, and he clapped his hands.

"good, because we have something to celebrate tonight."

"something else, too?" i wondered when the surprises would end. he smirked, and pushed a piece of paper my way.

"i signed a lease yesterday," he took a breath, "on a house." i gasped, looking back up at him, "our very first house."

i gasped again, and tackled him out of his chair. we laughed on the ground, and i kissed him.

"our first house!" i exclaimed loudly, "this is amazing!"

he laughed loudly, echoing down the hallway, "and you wont guess when our move in date is."

───*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ───

"this is wild," i smiled, picking up a box from connie's car, "on our first anniversary we're moving into our first house!" i squealed, and conrad smiled over at me.