• Chapter twelve •

Steve's POV

I held Robin in my arms waiting for her to wake up. She still had a slight pulse but her breathing was shallow.

"Do you think she's... gone?" El asked, tears streaming down her face.

"Not yet. She still has a lot of fight left in her" Eddie said.

"I don't know... she looks pretty sick" Argyle noted.

"No shit" Nancy pushed her way past a few people "Rob, C'mon. You've got this, just hold on a little longer" She tried shaking Robin awake.

Nancy now had tears dropping down her face one after another like a waterfall.

"ROBIN. COME ON. I CAN'T LOSE YOU. NOT LIKE THIS" She yelled as she collapsed in on her herself and fell to her knees "Please... God please let her stay" she whispered, grabbing Robin's hand.

At this point, everyone was crying. Dustin and Max sat down to comfort Nancy as Lucas side hugged an emotional Erica.

I looked down at Robin's body and I saw Nancy perk up in my peripheral vision.

"Robin?" She wiped a tear away.

I looked down and saw Robin's hand twitching ever so slightly.

I switched my focus towards her face as I saw her eyes open slowly.

"Rob?" I asked, tears in my eyes.

"Holy shit" Mike mumbled to himself.

Will, El and Jonathan looked utterly baffled and Eddie had a huge smile on his face. It was the cutest thing ever.

"Hey guys" Robin muttered in a raspy tone with a slight smile.

"Fucking hell Robin. You had us scared shitless" Dustin laughed.

"Don't ever do that again" Max smiles, wiping a tear.

I looked down at Nancy and saw her full-on crying into Robin's side, still holding onto her hand.

"Hey... it's okay, Nance. You can't kill me that easily" She joked, ending her sentence with a cough.

"Okay Robs, I'm gonna go make us some tea for our throats" I rasped out.

"I'll keep you company" Eddie smiled, following me out of the room.

As we entered the kitchen, Eddie started making tea and instructed me to sit down.

"Are you okay, Harrington?" Eddie asked, putting water in the kettle.

"To be honest... I'm terrified" I admitted.

"I feel ya- I don't know what I'm gonna do if you're gone. I don't think I can live without you, Steve" Eddie turned around and looked at me.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, red rising to my cheeks.

"Well I mean... who's gonna pay your part of the rent?" Eddie joked "Look, all I'm saying is that you should man up and confess your feelings for this boy. It's not like you have anything to lose"

"Oh." I replied quietly, I had forgotten that I told him.

"Can't you just tell me who he is? Do I know him?" Eddie walked over to me.

"No, I can't. It'll ruin everything" I looked away.

"I won't tell" Eddie took a step forward.

"That's a pretty hard thing to do" I mumbled, going red in the face once I realized what I had admitted.

"Oh, is it? Why is that?" Eddie grabbed onto my hand and took another step forward.

"Eddie..." I looked him in the eye.

"Mhm" He smiled down at me.

"I think... I think I'm in love with you. I'm sorry, I know you don't feel that way about me, but can you just do me a favour and not tell anyone about this" I rambled.

"Harrington" He grabbed my chin and pointed my head towards him "I love you too"

And with that, he leaned forward and are lips smashed together.

—————————————————-
Sorry for no recent updates... I was on vacation!! I hope you enjoy :)