𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶: 𝙸 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞

It's now the end of the year at my school. The leaves that were once brown turned fresh and green like the beginning of spring. The end of the year prom is coming soon. Benatar asked me to the prom, and I said yes. I already picked my dress, and Benatar picked his suit.

__________

A few hours have passed, and I wait for Benatar to show up and take me to the prom. As I wait, I reminisce about the times Benatar and I first met. I remembered those times as odd. Mostly because at those times, I saw Benatar as a small person. Not physically but mentally. He would never fight for himself. And he would sink to other people's level. But he's not like that anymore. He's strong. Mentally.

___________

The car that Benatar was driving arrived, and I stepped in, and we drove off. At the dance, I saw Axel. He was with a girl I didn't recognize. He was giving Benatar dirty looks. But the only eyes on me were Benatar's. We danced all night. We held each other's soft hands for slow songs and sang to the music. And when we grew tired, we sat down and talked about our college plans. Benatar wants to go back to the UK for college. I want the best for him. So I agree. I wanted to go to college far away from my original hometown. Benatar was okay with that idea.

__________

Time passed, and the prom was over. Benatar and I drove home. Before we drove completely home, we stopped by the park we always visited. This might be the last time we ever do this again. We stared at the night sky as we talked about our plans after college. I wanted to move in with Benatar after college when he moved back to America. He said he wants me to visit him in the UK. But I'm not sure if I will.

__________

Benatar drove me home as we listened to our favorite songs we love. Then I was home. Before he could leave, we kissed one last time. And as we kissed, I uttered the last words before I left.

"I love you."

I walked inside. I submitted my college transcript to get in. Benatar was going to study abroad, and I was going to study at a college far away from my original hometown. College was scary. Especially knowing I'm far away from Benatar. But we promised we would call each other every day. And tomorrow, we graduate from high school. And then, after graduation, summer is finally here. 

A/N: 𝗛𝗲𝘆 𝗮𝗹𝗹! 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲. 𝗦𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗷𝗲𝘁𝗹𝗮𝗴𝗴𝗲𝗱! 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗜 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝗮 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝗼! 𝗛𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆 𝗶𝘁! 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 <𝟯