𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮 | 𝗦𝗶𝗻'𝘀 𝗟𝗶𝗳𝗲

𝗨𝗻𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱
𝗣𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱: 𝗔𝘂𝗴𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝟮𝟭, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮
𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀: 𝟭,𝟮𝟲𝟱

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮 | 𝗦𝗶𝗻'𝘀 𝗟𝗶𝗳𝗲

Sin woke up to the aura in their room changing. It felt like the dread was gone.

       'Dad must have left for work.' They thought.

      Sin rolled over from their position on their stomach to onto their back, grunting as they moved and their bandages shifted. Sin sat up and lent against the head board and looked down as they lifted their shirt.

White bandages were wrapped around their ribs to keep them in place. For a moment they forgot why they were there as their mind was still foggy with sleep, until the memory of their father stomping on their ribs replayed in their head. They groaned as they realized they actually had to move through out the day.

Sin was brought back from their thoughts of just sleeping away the day when their phone buzzed on the wooden nightstand. They leaned over, being careful not to disrupt their ribs, and grabbed the device and unplugged it. Turning on low battery mode, they looked to see their friend Cassidy sent them the same thing he sent every morning that read 'Good Morning! ☀️😸'.

Sin smiled as they read the text. He always sent his friends that message in hopes of their days starting off well. Although only Sin and one or two other friends would respond or actually see them before they got to school.

Then Sin was struck with the realization that the time on their phone read '6:00 A.M' and they were supposed to be getting ready for school. As Sin swore about how they woke up later then usual, they sent back a 'Good Morning! ☀️' text to Cassidy. After the message had sent, Sin quickly got up, minding their ribs, and carefully dashed towards their dresser drawers. They pulled out undergarments, a pair of black and white stripped socks, their eye patch, black skinny jeans with ripped knees, a black sweater, and a lavender flannel shirt. They dashed into the bathroom and set a role of bandages on top of their pile of clothes, in order to not forget about them after their shower.

☽———☾

A dog walked into Sin's room and looked around. After not seeing her owner, she made herself at home and jumped on their bed. Her coat of white and gray getting lost in the mass of blankets that varied in shades of black and purple.

☽———☾

Sin walked out of the bathroom carrying their hair brush in one hand and their towel in the other. They glanced over to their bed and seeing their pit-bull, Celeste, curled up in the sheets. Sin shook their head with a small smile as they glanced from their dog to the alarm clock next to their bed and reading the time of '6:35 A.M'.

Sin quickly walked over to their bed and sat down. They started to pull their brush through their hair. Sin's father had kept their hair long as a way of getting them to drop the fact they were Non-Binary and see themself as female. It hadn't worked. Pulling the brush through their hair for the last time, they started braiding it. After Sin finished with their hair, they walked over to one of the only pieces of furniture in the room, their desk, and grabbed their backpack off the top of the desk to the desk chair in front of it.

Sin's room only had four pieces of furniture. In the corner farthest from the door was their bed, next to the bed was a nightstand with a clock, a picture of them with their 'mother' and sister, another picture with them and their friends, a few posters here and there, a dresser centered against the wall opposite their bed, the desk and chair against the wall with the door.

Sin shook their head after looking around the room, grabbing their bag and unzipping it. They reached into the top drawer of their desk and pulled their laptop case out, making sure the laptop and charger were inside before putting it inside their bag. Then Sin walked over and grabbed their phone, putting it in their back pocket, and their phone charger before walking back over and shoving the charger into the bag. After checking their room for anything else they forgot, Sin zipped their bag closed, being careful of the pins, and grabbed their boots from the foot of the bed.

Sin walked downstairs with Celeste close behind. As they turned from the last step and into the living room, Sin took notice of the fact the TV was still on. They sat down on the dark gray cushion, their boots being set next to their feet and their bag on the cushion next to them. Sin reached towards the plain white coffee table and grabbed the remote. Turning up the volume, Sin's interest in the news story peeked as they heard the mysterious tone in the reporters voice.

"-Yes, another body was found late last night in the town of Sanctus. The body was said to have been missing all of their internal organs and that the initials E and J were written on the wall next to the body in the victims blood. We'll be back later tonight with any updates on the police reports." The news woman ended her statement as the scene changed to a commercial about Pet Smart.

Sin froze as a picture was shown, their stomach growling in hunger at the blood. Horrified by their thoughts, Sin shook their head and turned the TV off.

'What the Hell is wrong with me? Damn Demon genes.' Sin thought angrily as they rubbed their right eye.

       Quickly standing up, Sin ran towards the kitchen to make themself normal food. Hurriedly grabbing an egg from the fridge and cracking it in a buttered pan, Sin started making breakfast. Flipping the egg and turning off the stove, Sin started on a piece of toast. After both were done, they quickly put the egg on top of the toast and started eating. As they ate, Sin started on a cup of their families hot chocolate.

Seeing the time on the stove read '7:00 A.M', Sin quickly finished breakfast and washed the dishes. They put the dishes away before rushing towards the living room. Sin sat down on the edge of the cushion and grabbed their combat boots. Quickly slipping on the boots and tying the laces, Sin grabbed their backpack and walked towards the front door. They stopped and grabbed the gold ring with the phases of the moon from their front pocket, quickly putting the ring on their right ring finger.

Sin's appearance quickly changed to that of a normal human. Their light pastel lavender hair changing into dark brown, their right eye turning from lavender with a cat-like gold pupil to a blue-gray with a round black pupil, their pointed ears turning round, and their black wings having already been put away. Sin quickly shook their head to adjust to the different form before opening the front door. They stepped outside and locked the door behind them, passing their 'mothers' white tiger lilies as they walked towards the side walk.

As they reached the concrete, they pulled out their ear buds and placed them inside their ears and started playing one of their favorite songs on their phone. With music playing in their ears and the thought of seeing their friends, Sin set off walking down the street hoping they'd meet their friends along the way.