Chapter 6 (Tests of Worthiness?)

(Goodness, what proper etiquette)

riiiing, riiiing

Izuku had just woken up, he hadn't heard anything until he realized it had been the weekend, the day before he got to go to the most prominent school almost everyone wanted to go to, U.A High.

When his parents heard they both got in they seemed happy, more for Izumi however they still acknowledged that he got in, even if it was just a bit.

He got up and did his usual schedule, starting with exercise, then a small meal, then training his technique or power, however it was more of the latter as of recently due to already excelling in combat.

(Don't ask me why I used those words)

After an hour or 2, he had decided to have a fully made meal to at least not be hungry because he hated the feeling of hunger, reminding him moments where he had to starve himself to save money and resources, knowing he would be in trouble if he used his parents supply of food and drinks.

But that was in the past, the present was that he could fulfill his dream and live a good life. He had made scrambled eggs and decided to make an iced coffee, it was simple but he was a simple guy so it was even.

Once finished he washed the dishes and went to his room to lay down for a while, relaxing knowing he deserved it. After a while he got bored of watching funny videos of cats falling for 30 minutes and occasionally talking to himself he got up and made the choice to go and take a walk, and he would've gotten away with it if he hadn't heard a voice

???:Hold it right there young man

He turned around and saw a tall familiar face, All Might had been standing behind him but the tension in the moment went away as a cloud of smoke engulfed him, leaving a frail man who looks like he can't even deadlift 20 pounds.

Izuku:What do you want old man

All Might: I want you to prove your ready for U.A

Izuku: I passed the entrance exam and got one the highest scores on both the tests, what, have I not proven myself already?

All Might: Not to me, you haven't worked a day in your life, we've had to provide for you your whole life, I want you to prove to me you can go to U.A

And with that, Izuku just laughed, not only his dad didn't think he deserved to be in U.A, he thinks he's some spoiled brat that did nothing because of what his dad thinks was "Good Parenting"

Izuku: So you think you've been providing for me, MY WHOLE LIFE, IVE HAD TO WORK MY WAY UP FROM THE GROUND SINCE I WAS 4, AFTER THAT QUIRK TEST YOU GUYS DIDNT EVEN THINK TO CARE ABOUT ME BEVAUSE OF YOUR LITTLE ANGEL IZUMI, AND YOU THINK IM NOT WORTHY, YOU WANT TO LOOK FOR AN UNWORTHY PERSON, LOOK IN A FUCKING MIRROR.

Once Izuku was done, he reached into his pocket and took out a cough drop (His throat was hurting ok, dont judge)

All Might being the oblivious piece of shit he is denied all of it, but the second he was asked what was Izuku's favorite food, he coincidentally couldn't remember what it was. However he still wanted him to prove his worth...by fighting Izumi

Izuku had no say in this whatsoever so he just went along, knowing he was gonna kick some ass.

(A.N:Before I continue I realized you probably don't know how his quirk works
Basically it has 2 parts to it, the first is a passive one that gives him a heightened battle intelligence, simple but effective.
The second in where the quotes come in, it works like Sword Song in Omniscient Reader[Read it, it's amazing] where depending on the quote in context, it boosts the users stats to best suit the fight, it's how the world slowed down against the sludge, the quote boosted his speed and agility, it can also help with how he should fight in general)