2. Sleepover? I promise I won't overthink.../ Fool

Mike's house, the party just had finished that DND campaign they owed will from that last summer. As the others were leaving, Mike approached will.

"Won't you stay for a sleepover?" He softly asked. Wills eyes shined.

"Nahh, Johnathan won't be home and my mom is working tomorrow, so-"

"Will! Honey ,do you wanna stay here Tonight?" Karen asked loudly, as she was going down the stairs. "I can talk with Joyce, I'm sure she'll be fine with it!"

Mike stared at will hopefully.

"No, Mrs Wheeler, I don't want to burden you..."

"Burden us? C'mon will it's an honor to have you here! I'm calling Joyce.!"

Will couldn't reply; Karen left immediately.

Byler were laying on the couches in the basement. Mike seemed to be zoning out on the ceiling, hoping Will wouldn't notice and that he was asleep.

Will though, had his eyes wide open. He saw mike staring at the roof and he was debating whether or not to interrupt and talk to him. His heart pounded into his chest, seeing him in that white tank top and the blue pants.

Mike, on the other hand, wasn't looking at will. He was imagining him. He was thinking how muscly will had gotten over the past year, how his jawline was shaping perfect angles. How his eyes softened, and started to tear up any time they had a tense conversation. But he liked someone else. Eleven. Someone that he didn't have clean feelings for. He couldn't even say "I love you" to her, goddamn it. Not until a drama club of feelings started to play off, and they all started wearing masks. Masks that once all of three of them touched, it became one with their faces. Something miles would call 'the opposite of the brave face. Cowardice '

He was hoping that someday, someday he will get out of this maze of thought. Ever since he joined hellfire, his questioning of himself started to stabilize, it wasn't as bad as when will left. He wanted to think of the byers moving to Cali as eleven leaving. Not will. He wanted to miss eleven more, he WISHED he missed eleven more. But eleven was with max now right? She wasn't thinking of mike; she was probably trying to help max with her visions, especially now that vecna blinded her.

'Eleven loves max more that me'..

He couldn't blame himself. He would do the same too. Mike broke her heart before, because he couldn't express his feelings. His brain wanted to say ' I love you' that exact moment El was maniacly ripping off the letters repeating "from mike, from mike, from, from,from!" But his heart said otherwise. His heart knew that he didn't love El the way she wanted to, the way she saw in the movies.

He was also somehow relieved with that thought. Eleven caring about someone else more gave mike a cool air down his chest. He could breathe. He was hoping El cared more about someone else. He was having conversations with her in his head, how he would reveal that he might be gay and might love her brother more. In some of them, el took it well, and acted clueless. In some others she wondered what gay was. She didn't know homosexuality; she didn't even know real love. Who does anyways? But what he feared the most was her turning against will. And then everything would fall apart.

Mike knew will might have a crush on him. He brought back memories from last year: 'its not my fault you don't like girls!' 'she said she dumped your ass that doesn't look like a break!' 'it wasn't!' . How will destroyed castle byers after their fight. How he regretted fighting with will all the times. How he wished that, two years ago, he danced with will at the snow ball. Mike saw will; he wasn't genuinely happy dancing with that girl. He wanted to dance with him , no matted how he liked El back then. Everything was slowly adding up: when will cried when mike said he was lost without him, when when the rink-o-mania incident happened. When he said "were friends" trying to bury deep within the gay thoughts he had with will. He saw a relationship with him. How they would cuddle, get closer and sometimes even things got sexual in his head.

His breaths got louder, tense.

Will was still watching him think. He was trying to get into his head, know about that train of thought. Mike was drowning in a well and no one noticed. Well, maybe a few people did but they didn't do anything. He always had guidance. And now he's alone, trying to figure out himself and who he is.

The boy lifted his head a bit to have a better look. Mike was pretending to fall asleep, while a wave of fear and anxiety took over him now that he realized will is awake. Will stayed there for a few seconds, thinking how mike is overthinking again. His eyes softened. He wanted to go in Mike's arms and hug him tight. He wanted to make sure everything would be ok. He would have time to figure everything out. Will sighed and went back to sleep.

When will woke up the next day, mike wasn't there. He was probably upstairs, having breakfast already. As he got up, he noticed a wet spot on Mike's pillow . He was crying again.

Will sat back on his couch, taking a shirt to change. After he removed his pyjama, mike popped up.

"You're awake! What do you want for Breakfa-"

Mike was staring at wills chest. His neck. His shoulders. His jawline. His arms. His heart wanted to leave his chest, his pulse rised over everest..

Will immediately put on the other shirt. He felt tense.

They stared at each other for a hot minute. Things were not as platonic at the time to be honest.

"For breakfast?" Mike, after what seemed like a century, completed.

"I'll just take cereal, it's not a big deal" will did. He seemed tired.

"Yeah, uh...imma grab it for you".

"Mike!" Will grabbed mike hand as he was going up the stairs. Mike stopped. Literally he felt like everything froze. That will byers he somewhen grew up with is now attractive. Probably more attractive than him.

"Is everything alright?" Will wanted to ask what's is actually going on. But he let it that way. Mike gulped , nothing was fine of course, he was badly gay panicking and didn't know what to respond.

"Yeah...fine . Everything good."

Will didn't believe him. Mike's panic was visible.

"So.. boys, how was your campaign last night?" Karen asked during breakfast. Ted was away for work (idk what work he's useless anyways).

Byler even forgot they were playing DND last night. Mike stared at her and plainly replied "fine. It was fine."

Will was excited to talk about it, even with Mrs Wheeler. And Mike seemed to enjoy every moment last night, only he quieted socializing after vecna possesed some of the villagers, and nearly killed his character. Will started to describe how the game went, and Karen was enjoying it. 

(Ofc, NO hate towards eleven. i love her. I just put her here for context and mikes thoughts.)