one.

ATLAS NOBLE

     "I have to tell you something. Don't say anything until I finish, okay?" Olivia said, she sounded like she was going to choke up on her words. We were lying on her bed, the cool breeze from the fan hitting us nicely. Worry started to bubble up in my chest because she looked sad and heartbroken.

"Ok. Just tell me, whatever it is we can work it out," I said, trying to comfort her. I held her in my arms tighter, like a shield that could protect her from the worst. But I knew that it was to shelter my heart as well.

"I'm going to be moving to Montana at the end of the summer before school starts." She said. I couldn't comprehend the words. I was glad that she hadn't cheated on me or was going to jail but what was going to happen to us? I would do long distance for her any day, but I want to touch her and tell her all the things that I love about her to her face. It wouldn't be the same through a screen.

"So this is your last summer here," I said blankly. "When did you find out?" 

"About two weeks ago, I just didn't know how to tell you. I'm really sorry." She looked like she was on the verge of crying, her eyes becoming watery. I kissed the top of her head softly.

"As I said, we can work it out. I will call you every day and visit you whenever I can." I said, she wiped her eyes and gave me a faint smile. I tried to dismiss my anxiety for her, but I couldn't get it out of my mind that it would never work.

I felt her warm breath on my skin as she snuggled her face into my neck. "I love you, Atlas."