The Mission

The Mission
Some manga spoilers in this chapter:
Obanai POV
Why did I get selected to go on a mission with her? Out of all people? She seems so arrogant. I hope she doesn't talk to me at all...
"So-" began Y/N but I interrupted her. "Don't talk to me." I said. She frowned and stared at me. "But why?" she asked disappointedly. "Because I have no interest in talking to you." I said sharply. I didn't want to talk to her. I knew she would get in my way.
"I won't get in your way if that's what your thinking, I already said that!" promised Y/N. Can she read my mind? How did she know what I thought?

Y/N POV
I want to be friends with Obanai but he doesn't seem to trust me yet. I guess it will take some time to befriend him tho. He seems gentle on the inside but a bit harsh on the outside. (You are good at reading people personalities). As you two are running, Obanai's phone rings. He answers and puts it on speaker. "Hello! Iguro San! I heard you went on a mission with Y/N chan!" exclaimed the voice on the call excitedly.
"Yes Kanroji," said Obanai," Y/N and I are going to a nearby village to fight a kizuki."
"WOW THATS SO COOL! GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS!" she said in awe
"Thanks a lot Kanroji. I'm going to miss you!"
Wow, he's being so kind. Is he even the same guy right now?
"I'll miss you too Iguro San! You're like a brother to me! Stay safe, bye!"
Mitsuri ended the call and Obanai suddenly came to a halt and froze.
I turned around. "What happened Iguro?" I asked, "Why did you stop? He just stared at the floor blankly.
Iguro POV:
Brother? She thinks I'm like...a brother to her? I was so taken aback by that. I've always liked her and thought she might have felt similar about me. But she thinks I'm like a BROTHER TO HER?! Tears started to form in my eyes and it felt like my heart just dropped and got opened up and torn into pieces. "she thinks I'm like a brother to her," I said shakily, "a brother?"
Y/N POV:
At first I wasn't sure what was wrong but then it hit me. Shinobu had told me that Iguro had a crush on Mitsuri yesterday and she just said he was like a "brother" to her. I suddenly felt so bad for him and looked at him with pity in my eyes. "Iguro..." I began, "I'm so sorry." I didn't know what to say to him in this situation.
"It's alright," he said, his voice breaking. "Let's just go." We kept running for a few more minutes until we finally reached the village. "Okay," I said, "let's split up and try and get some information from the villagers."
"Alright." said Obanai quietly and he just walked off. As much as I pitied him, he didn't want to talk at all so I just let him be. I went to the northern part of my village and asked some people who loved on the outskirts of the village if they had seen any suspicious activity. Most of them looked traumatized and weren't saying anything. Very few people said anything but the ones that did just said they had trouble sleeping at night because of some loud noises outside. I also asked some other villagers who lived near the center of the village and they just said they saw a very ominous near the forest. They all looked scared and sad. I knew I had to help them. By the time I was done asking villagers for details, it was evening and it was getting dark. I tried to call Obanai but he wasn't answering. I tried looking for him for 30 minutes but couldn't find him. I began to feel a bit nervous and worried because the only place I hadn't checked was the forest. I put two and two together and realised that Obanai might be in trouble. I quickly ran to the forest and began searching for Obanai. "Iguro!" I called out, "where are you?!"
There was no reply. After some more time, I found him fighting Upper Moon 5. "Iguro?! Are you okay?!"
"Y/N! Don't let this guy touch you! He's dangerous!" cried out Obanai
"Damn it!" I said dodging the demon's attacks. "This is such a waste of time!" I flashsteped towards him and almost got a clean cut on him but he launched launched Ten Thousand Slime Fish at me using his technique. I just dodged most of them cut the others up and jumped back so the poison didn't reach me. "Blood Breathing, Third Form! Ayuna!" I said. My blood dragon started lunging at the demon and trying to cut him. He effortlessly dodged but my dragon followed him. Eventually, he managed to slice up my dragon using his BDA. "Blood Breathing, Fourth Form! Bloody Slash!" Multiple arrows were launched at him and his arms got cut off. While he was regenerating, I lunged at him and tried to use my first form, bloodbath. The demon was immobilised for about 3 seconds which gave me a short window to attack him. I flashsteped to him once more and stabbed him four times. Right as I was about to kill him, Obanai used his second form to try and slash the demon's head off. However, the demon somehow managed to dodge and was about to stab Obanai. "Hey!" I shouted. "Blood Breathing, Fifth Form! Blood Flow" you managed to push Obanai out of the way easily sliced his head off. "YOU INFERIOR LITTLE DEMON SLAYERS! YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS! ILL KILL YOU A-" He faded away before he could finish the sentence.

Note:
Sorry I made the fight scene short I'm not very good at writing fight scenes and the main focus of this chapter was to tell more about Obanai's personality and Y/N's personality