Relationship Develops

Y/N POV:
We were just settling in to the hotel when I realised something...
I was going to have to sleep in the same bed as Obanai...
I blushed a little at the thought
(I know in Japan not many people sleep on Western style beds but I'm just adding this detail for the sake of the story)
Obanai was just brushing his teeth and getting ready to sleep. I checked my phone and saw that Mitsuri had called me 10 minutes ago. I called her back. The phone began to ring."Who are you calling?" asked Obanai.
"Mitsuri," I replied...
"HELLO! Y/N! WHERE ARE YOU?! ARE YOU AND OBANAI OKAY?! DID YOU KILL THE DEMON?! WHATS TAKING YOU SO LONG?! WHAT HAPPENED?! DID YOU DIE?! DID OBANAI DIE?!"
My ears began to ring...
"Don't worry Mitsuri Obanai and I are safe" I replied clutching my ear.
"I'm so relieved! Did you kill the demon?!" she asked excitedly
"Yes Kanroji," interrupted Obanai from the background,"Y/N did most of the work, she even saved me!"
"Thank you so much Y/N! I can't imagine what I would do without him! He means so much to me..." exclaimed Mitsuri. Obanai's face and eyes lit up for a moment. "He's my best friend!" she finished.
Obanai's head dropped down.
CAN YOU NOT REJECT THE POOR BOY FOR LIKE 5 MINUTES LADY?!"Th-thats nice Mitsuri..." I said, "anyways we gotta go now so byee!" I hung up. I just sighed and patted Obanai's head. "You NEED to let her go Iguro!" I said. He just lay down and turned around. I really felt bad for him. I know the love he had for her was really pure but she was too oblivious to notice that. I just decided not to involve myself because I knew it was his personal life. I turned around and began to think about the day's events. We successfully killed an Upper Moon but it wasn't a surprise, he was a weak Upper Moon. I sighed contended and looked over at Obanai. He was almost asleep. I turned around and hugged him since I felt bad for him.

Obanai POV:
Is she hugging me?! Why?! It feels so weird?? When is the last time someone has hugged me?! I even forgot what it's like...but it actually feels kind of comfortable and warm...it's so relaxing...
I'm starting to feel tired...
I fell asleep

Y/N POV:
The next morning, we woke up and left immediately. It was a 20 minute run back to the Ubuyashiki Mansion. When we met Master Kagaya was very proud of us. "Iguro Obanai, L/N Y/N, you killed an Upper Moon! You have my utmost respect!" he exclaimed proudly. He then proceeded to bow down to you. "Master, you don't have to bow to us, it's our pleasure!" pleaded Obanai. I agreed and thanked Master Kagaya. As Obanai and I walked out, I smiled at him. And then, he did the unexpected...
He genuinely smiled back at me
A proper, happy smile
I could see that he was smiling beneath his mask just by looking at his eyes. "You should smile more Iguro! You have a really pretty smile!" I said. His face flushed a little when I said that. Before he could say anything, Mitsuri came out of nowhere and hugged me. "Woaah!" I said stumbling back
"Y/N I missed you so much! I'm so happy you're okay! And you too Iguro San!" She turned around but he was already walking away. "What happened to him?" asked Shinobu, "he's usually excited to see her."
"I don't know," you lied,"maybe he's just tired."
"Anyways," squealed Mitsuri, "we heard you killed an Upper Moon! Tell us everything that happened!" You began to tell everything that happened including the part where you and Obanai got food together and went to a hotel. "Was it like a date between you and Iguro?" inquired Shinobu. "Well I wouldn't call it a date..." you said hesitantly, "it was just an outing."
"How did you feel when you were around him?" asked Shinobu wanting to know more.
"It felt like I've known him for a really long time and like I feel comfortable and happy around him!" you said describing how you wanted to get to know him better. "How close were you two...?" asked Mitsuri suspiciously...
"We hugged!" I said
Shinobu and Mitsuri gasped. Shinobu's gasp was an excited and happy gasp but Mitsuri's gasp was a gasp of shock and dismay. "You hugged...?" asked Mitsuri, "how close?"
"Like this!" I said pulling Shinobu into a hug

Mitsuri POV:
OH GREAT HEAVENS! THAT IS TOO CLOSE! THAT IS WAY TOO CLOSE! NOT HAPPENING! WHY IS SHE BEING SELECTED TO GO ON MISSIONS WITH IGURO SAN?! WHAT IS SHE DOING TO IGURO SAN?! WHY DOESN'T HE HUG ME LIKE THAT?! WHY DID MASTER MAKE IGURO SAN PAIR UP WITH HER?! WHY AM I ANGRY?! WHY DO I FEEL JEALOUS RIGHT NOW?!

Y/N POV:
"Uhh...Mitsuri...? You good?" I asked. I was concerned, she had steam blowing out of her ears...
"I'm fine," she unconvincingly said with a smile. She strolled away, her arms and legs shaking. "Well that was strange," said Shinobu.