This Is The Title (part 7)

Chapter 25: What?

"He awoke. He sat up achily, and held one hand on his scalp trying to ease the throbbing headache he was experiencing. After fighting for a solid minute to pry open the ten tonne garage doors that were his eyelids, a blinding light pierced through his one eye constricting his pupil to a pin prick.

After what felt like an eternity his vision adjusted to the light of a relatively dark, overcast day. He could now see these slow swirling masses far above him, blackening as if in rage. He looked around to try and gather his bearings and in doing so noticed he couldn't hear anything over the deafening ringing in his eardrums that has somehow gone unnoticed till this point.

There was a large metal thing directly infront of him. It was a strangely contoured thing, with two light beams emitting from the from the front face with a mesh like piece between them, and just below that a rectangle with foreign symbols printed onto it. A man emerged from a side door He hadn't seen and the man started to shout at him. "Whaaajt eurr yooi oiim eeen luh mnidul ovv luh wrowt!" Is what his words sounded like, completely devoid of meaning and yet, strangely familiar.

The man shouted some more gibberish before one word struck him like a bullet; 'Francis'.

Francis went to exclaim 'THAT'S ME!' at this new revelation, but only more gibberish of the mans ilk came out. The man looked frustrated at this, shook the very top part of his body side to side and climbed back into the metal thing. It then started to move, it turned and travelled past Francis at a speed faster than he could move, by spinning some circular things at the bottom of it.

Francis saw another of these metal contraptions, a red on this time, coming towards him from behind where the other was so decided it was a good idea to change location.

He lent forwards and pushed the large flat expanse beneath him with two of his fleshy appendages till he managed to just about balance on the other two limbs. He attempted to move but the limbs he balanced on did not move how he wanted and he struck his head as he fell back to the floor. He was out the way of the cars at least now so he didn't mind. 'WAIT!' He thought to himself, 'I know what those are called now!'

Chapter 26

Francis stumbled, haggard through the open areas of the place he now found himself in. There were these giant piles of stone either side of him, in an unnaturally tall, ordered row. Occasionally the verticle face of these piles were broken up with 6 or 7 planks of wood joined together, or a crystaline clear substance with metal bars running right the way through it. Some of the wall wasnt even stone! It was a much smoother looking texture, still rough to the touch but almost completely flat, coming in a variety of muted colours. The top of these walls was a slope pointing up and backwards away from Francis, the occasional obelisk jutting out from between the layers of tiles and emitting smoke out the top .

One such part of the wall- a faded, almost blue facade- caught his attention. There was a metal bracket off to the left side above one of those metal-infused, crystalline sheets, hanging from which was a metal box emitting a soft orange glow. Francis thought to himself about how these flat crystal squares where an odd choice at fixing mistakes in the flat faces of these structures, but what did he know, he's an idiot.

To the right of the crystal filled hole was another of those wooden plank constructs, above which hung a slab of wood from a metal beam. The wood had symbols inscribed into it, but none that Francis could interpret the meaning of.

Francis pushed at the rough blue wall he found himself in front of, but for a long while nothing happened. But as stated before, Francis is an idiot and he kept going, until eventually the wooden rectangle to his right moved slightly and a man came out of it.

Francis pushed at the wooden rectangle. He pushed and pushed and pushed to no avail. The rectangle then pushed back and knocked Francis over onto the floor.