A grave mistake

You wake up in the middle of a rainforest, absolutely no clue how you got here. Your latest memories were roasting lavender melons with your brother, and suddenly passing out.

"How on earth did I get here?! Why am I starving..." You think to yourself. You have a small bottle of water attached to your waist with a belt, and a bag of lavender melons, with a small note next to it. You hastily open it.
"I'm sorry" It reads.

You get an extremely sharp pain in your head, almost making you tear up. "Probably the hunger.." You think to yourself. You grab out one of like..4 lavender melons and bite into it. You quickly gobble up the whole thing..Then the next one.. and within minutes, you eat all 4 of them.

Within a few hours, your hunger quickly regenerates. Your water bottle is almost dry, and your aimless walking is doing nothing.
"Think, y/n, think.. how do I-"
You freeze in your tracks. You see a humongous...Monster.

There's no other way to describe it. Your hunger is making you dizzy. You look around and examine yourself.
A knife.
That should do. You grab it and charge towards the monster, Striking a fatal hit. You're surprised you're able to damage it so quickly. After a few seconds, it charges towards you. You barely dodge the hit, but it's clearly damaged your leg.

Coming from a family of martial artists, you're able to take it down after around 30 minutes of fighting, somehow managing to gain 2 fatal wounds. One on both legs. You make a small fire and roast the meat, eating it without thinking. What actually happened suddenly dawns on you.

"Shit..Shit shit shit this is not good! Y/N what were you thinking?!" You yell out loud. You've started to bleed out, and make do with what you have. You use a few leaves to bandage the wounds...

After hours of aimless limping around this rainforest, you finally find..tents? Just 2, but one is all you need. You see 2 big water bottles. You open one, gulping down almost the whole thing. In the process, you hear a voice. A male voice.

"Who goes there?!" It yells. You try to hide in the tent, but it's no use. The "voice" looks at you, no, glares. He sees your wounds and sighs. "You, come here." He says.

You get your knife ready just in case. "I am Tighnari." He says. You examine him thoroughly.
"Y/N." You say coldly. He examines you in exchange. "Follow me."