The Forest Guardian

You wearily follow Tighnari, keeping your knife hidden yet in reach. He sits outside of his tent, signalling you to do the same. You realise his is a lot bigger than the other one. Sitting next to him, he examines you, his eyes fixated on the leafs you plastered on your wounds. You examine him in exchange. He had straight hair, greenish-brown eyes, and fennec fox ears. You smile softly, trying to seem friendly. Tighnari doesn't respond. "Stay here," he says. You nod lightly.

Tighnari crawls into his tent, coming out with bandages and a bowl of clear liquid. He crawls next to you, lifting one of your legs on his lap. "H-hey! What do you think you're-" You get cut off with pain as he tears off the leaves on your leg. He dips his hand in the wooden bowl, and smears the liquid on your wound. You try not to show weakness and bite your lip. He looks at you and you feel his hand turn gentler. After rubbing the liquid on your leg for a bit, he bandages it gently, repeating the same on your other leg.

He clears his throat. "What are you doing here?" He asked in a stern tone. You want to say something, but you really don't know. "I... don't know.." you say. "Real confident, Y/N." You think to yourself.

He stares at you for a second. "Ahem..you don't know how you got here?" His voice is gentler now. You nod slightly. He gives you a not-so-convinced look. "Fine then. You're terribly injured, I see. As the guardian of this forest, I'll allow you to stay at my camp for a while." He states formally. You try to hold back your giggles. "What's so funny." He asks commandingly. "Nothing, but your the self-proclaimed guardian...of this massive rainforest?" You ask. He glared at you for a second, but his expression softens. "It's..hard to explain." He says, looking away. "I mean..he seems quite knowledgeable..maybe he's a hunter..."You think to yourself. "Get some rest." He says, crawling into his tent.

You limp towards your tent, squirming into it. You can barely lay down. You realise your leg is less painful. "Shit..I forgot to thank him.." You whisper. "It's..fine, I'll thank him tomorrow." You say. "He's kind of cute too," you whisper with a chuckle. "God Y/N..just sleep. You can't stay here forever." Well, you don't want to be a burden to him. You'll obviously need to leave eventually...