A New Face

You turn around to look at Tighnari and smile. His expression quickly changes to concerned as he grabs your face. "Are you hurt though?! Did it bite or scratch or-" "I'm fine Tighnari. Thank you." He takes a step back and examines you. "No visible injuries..maybe underneath your-" "Okay that's enough!" You cut him off and he quickly realises why. "I wasn't going to check," He mumbles and looks away, blushing. "Hehe. It's okay." You respond with a chuckle.

As you and Tighnari are dragging the monster back to camp, you two start talking. "So well..I wanted to ask you, would you be interested in teaching someone..some things about melee weapons?" Tighnari asks. "Huh? You?" You ask back. Teaching Tighnari? That should be fun..

"That's a good idea..but mainly another kid." Tighnari replies. "So do you want me to train you as well?" You ask with a laugh. "Oh. You weren't serious.." Tighnari mumbles with a sigh. "E-Eh? No! I was!" You say, panicked. Tighnari laughs softly. "It's cute to see you panic," He remarks sweetly. You quickly get flustered.

"A-Anyways..who's this kid your speaking of?" You ask, trying to change the subject. "Oh. She's my apprentice, she's 16. Not too much of a kid, sorry." Tighnari says. He quickly turns panicked. "W-Well, if you don't want to, I get it! It's fine; it's hard to teach someone and all.." He completes. "Huh? No, no. It should be nice teaching someone. I'll try it!" You offer. Tighnari smiles. "Thank you. She should be at camp by now." He says.

After a while, you two make it back to camp. You see a girl with pale green hair, purple eyes and some accents. She seems to be meddling with a bow. The girl looks up at you two. "O-Oh! Master Tighnari, you're back. W-who's this?" The girl asks shyly. "Collei, you've been asking for a melee-training teacher for a while now. And I found one for you!" Tighnari replies. You wave at her with a smile as she smiles back. She looks at your leg. "Oh, don't mind that..um, anyways. I'm Y/N! Your new coach!" You tell her. "Ahem, hello, I'm Collei." The girl replies.

You look at Tighnari, who's meddling with the strings you saw him playing with earlier. You're about to ask him when you should start training with her, but the strings distract you. "What are those?" You ask again playfully. Tighnari sighs and looks at you. "W-well..I've been a bit hesitant to tell you because I thought you might get scared..." Tighnari trails off and looks away. "Hm? Is it something bad?" You ask, intrigued. "N-Not necessarily.. depending on how you take it but um..I'm going to have to stitch your wounds.." Tighnari says, not making eye contact.

"..Is that it?" You ask. "Well..the numbing cream doesn't have that much of an effect, because stitches can be painful as fuck.." Tighnari says, still avoiding eye contact. You start to get a little nervous. "H-have you done this before..?" You ask him worriedly. Tighnari sighs. "I'm sorry.." He says sadly. "W-we don't have to if you don't want me to, I'll take you back to the main city and.." Tighnari trails off, pulling his ears nervously. You blush a little. You realise he doesn't want you to leave. You smile. "It's ok. I can handle a little pain, Tighnari." You say, laying a hand on his cheek. He starts to get flustered.

Oh shit. Collei might be watching. You slowly peak at her, but thankfully she's just meddling with her bow. Her eyes trail off, landing on the monster the two of you slayed. "G-GAH! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?!" Collei yells, panicked. "Relax, Collei. It's dead." Tighnari replies. He grabs your hand and walks over to Collei. "THAT DOESNT MAKE IT ANY BETTER!" She snaps back, extremely scared. You signal Tighnari to drag it somewhere else, while Collei buried her head into your arms. "Don't worry. It won't hurt you," You say reassuringly. Collei looks up at you.

"God this is embarrassing. I've just never seen something so..gorey in real time before.." She says shyly. "I've killed stuff before, but it takes one hit only." "You must have good aim." You remark. Collei smiles. "Thank you, Y/N."