Chapter 5

By morning I woke to the smell of coffee. Amber was in the kitchen sitting down reading a book. She closed it when she saw me walk in.

"Well good morning sunshine." She laughed. "Left a mug on the counter for you."

I poured myself a cup of coffee and took a seat across from Amber.

"So what did Carmen say last night?" Amber asked.

"She was rather sweet. She said we could talk more. She called me babe . She invited me to stay with her instead of looking for a place. I could bring woman in she wouldn't care. Told me to dream of her." I said.

Amber smirked. "Maybe she does like you. You gotta talk to her and see."

"I do." I smiled. I finished my coffee and stood up. "I will call you later."

"You better. I need to know more." Amber smiled.

"Will do." I said.

I got my things and went out to my motorcycle. Sighing I got on it and heading back to Carmen's place. The wind felt good whipping around me. I was really nervous as to what I was going to say to her. I didn't want to jump into anything. Soon her house came into view. My heart was thumping. I pulled into her driveway. Getting off in stoo there for a moment before I walked up her porch steps.  I swallowed as I knocked on the door. 

The door open and Carmen stood there wrapped in a towel. I blushed as I looked away.

"It's just a towel." Carmen laughed. "Get your ass in here." She grabbed my hand and pulled me inside. She shut the door and turned to me.

"If it was just a towel why get me inside so quick?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"My neighbors don't need to see me in a towel." She laughed.

"Oh but I can?" I laughed.

She smiled. "I'm going to go get dressed and we can talk."

"Sounds good." I said.

"Make yourself comfortable on the couch and I will be down in a flash." Carmen said as she went up the stairs.

I went into the living room and took a seat on the couch. I didn't know what I was going to say. Let alone what she was going to say. I kept thinking of different scenarios and how they would play out. Then I went over what might come of it. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Falling asleep?" Carmen laughed. "I wasn't that long." She sat down next to me.

I looked over at her. "Sorry was just thinking." I said.

She grabbed my hand and turned to face me. "I know what your going through is tough. I was serious when I said you can stay here. I don't mind."

"You might not mind but....I do." I sighed.

"What do you mean?" She raised her eyebrows.

"I don't want to rush into anything." I sighed. "I like you."

She smirked. "You like the bitch?"

I smiled. "I apologized for that."

"I know you did. Just got to mess with you a bit." Carmen said. "I won't lie Toby I like you too. I just would never do anything right now because know what your going through." She squeezed my hand. "You can stay here. It's not a problem for me. We don't need to do anything. Friends." She smiled.

"How can you be so chill? On the drive over here my heart was thumping wildly in my chest. I didn't know what you were going to say or do or even how you would feel." I said .

"It's who I am. Plus when you like someone you'll wait for them." She smiled.

My phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket to see it was Aiden.

"Take it. But your staying here!" Carmen stood up leaning me alone to talk to Aiden.

I picked it up. "Hey bro. What's going on? How is the baby?"

"Nothing man. It's all great. The baby is wonderful. His name is Hudson Jay Morris."

"You gave him my middle name." I laughed.

"Your my best man. Look the wife wants to invite you over to a cookout that we're having.  Think you can come?" He asked. "We got a pool bring swimming trunks man."

"Can I bring someone?" I asked.

"The bitch?" Aiden laughed. "Of course. Bring her."

I laughed. "Alright see your around 4."

"Sounds good man. I got beer. We can drink and swim." Aiden said.

"Bye." I hung up the phone.

I got up and went to the kitchen. Carmen was doing dishes.

"Hey. So Aiden invited me over and well do you want to come with? He's having a cookout and there's a pool if you want to swim." I said.

"A date?" Carmen smirked. Then laughed. "I'm just kidding. I know it's not a date but if you want me to come then sure I would like that."

"Yes I do want you to come." I said.

"Then for you I will. Are you gonna swim?" Carmen asked.

"Yes. It's supposed be nice today. He's going to have beer." I said.

"I'll drive us home. You can drink as much as you want just no puking in my car." Carmen laughed.

"I didn't last time." I looked at her. "Can I help you with anything?"

"Sure you can come rinse." Carmen laughed.

I went over and helped Carmen with the dishes. We talked more and it was actually nice getting to know her.