Chapter 2

I woke up to the sun coming in through the curtain. I stretched and got out of bed. My head was killing me. I didn't remember much of last night. I went and got a quick shower. I guess Jackie was already at work.

The shower felt good. Nice and hot. I finished up and headed downstairs for some coffee. That's when I saw the note on the counter. It wasn't Jackie's handwriting. I poured my coffee as I read the note.

Toby,
I just want to make sure that you're okay. I was a bit worried about leaving you. I guess I just want you to text me when you get this so I know your at least alive. Oh I expect to see you at work Monday morning.

The Bitch Carmen

I smiled. I did remember Carmen. I got my phone off the table and sent her a quick text. Soon enough it lit up that she responded back.

C: Glad to see your alive. I'm going to get some lunch. Did you want to join me?

I took a sip of coffee. Should I join her? I didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea. I closed my eyes and sighed. Opening them I said fuck it.

Me: Sure when and where? I'm starving.

I finished the coffee and looked to see she texted.

C: Diamond Diner. Say about five minutes.

Me: See you then.

I was interrupted by the knocking on the door. I went to see that Aiden was standing there.

I opened the door. "How's the wife and baby?" I smiled as I stepped back allowing him to come in.

"Good. How was the rest of your night?" Aiden asked.

"Good. Carmen....." I stopped.

"What about her?" Aiden raised his eyebrows.

"She brought me home. I remember vaguely telling her I wanted to tell Jackie I was trans. She said she knew I was and figured that Jackie had to have some idea." I stated as I looked at him.

"I know she brought you home. Do you think that Jackie could know?" Aiden questioned.

"If she does she hasn't said anything about it." I sighed. "Also I don't remember Jackie coming home last night."

Aiden stared at me. It was like he was trying to figure me out or something.

"Where do you think she's at?" Aiden asked.

"I'm guessing she's at work. Since that takes up 90% of our relationship." I sighed. "She's a hard worker and it's one of the things I love about her but I just wish she make some more time for me."

"But you want to marry her?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Of course I do. Once I tell her the truth. If she can handle it then I know she's the one I'm suppose to marry." I said.

"Can I be honest?" Aiden asked delicately.

"Of course. I prefer you to be honest then lie to me." I stated.

"Last night I saw how you were with Carmen. The way you smiled at her. It's different then the way you smile at Jackie." He said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"I think you like Carmen more then you are wanting to admit to yourself." He stated firmly.

"She's my boss. I respect her." I said.

"All I'm saying bro is I don't want you to feel like you need to settle with Jackie. Especially if there's someone out there for you to be your true self with." Aiden said.