Chapter 3

Y/N decided it'd be the best if he walked home, he wasn't feeling like on skateboarding. The sky was turning dark and stars began to appear. The air was more fresh now, it was breathable unlike during the daytime for some. His house wasn't so far away considering they lived at the same street so he wouldn't get so tired or waste a big amount of his energy on this.

He passed by some houses. Most of the people and their families were inside, enjoying watching their TV. Some others, mainly kids, were playing outside sports.

He took some turns and finally reached his house. He knocked three times before entering, something his mother had taught him for 'privacy reasons'. His mother was now feeding his younger sister Nia with vegetables and meat he couldn't identify from the distance. Nia was a three-year-old girl whose favourite hobby was to sleep, but Y/N couldn't blame her. She had her hair tied into pigtails and was dressed in a bad combination of clothing chosen by no one else but his mother. She was wearing a dark-colorful striped sweater, legins with pink dots, a dark pink skirt and plain white socks. He had used to wear those wild types of clothing too as a child but in a boyish style, but it still hadn't made it better for him. He'd always get embarrassed after being shown an old picture of him.

Nia refused to eat any more of the food on the plate her mother was holding and instead pointed with her short finger at Y/N. "Y/N," she said.

"Yes, Nia, honey that's Y/N, but let's go back to eating, what do you say?" Nia shook her head violently, crossed her arms in a childish way and attempted climbing down the chair she was on. Y/N's mother rolled her eyes and offered a helping hand to Nia not to break her skull.

She ran towards Y/N and raised her hands into the air. Y/N placed his skateboard so it was now leaning at the wall and lifted Nia up and she hugged him and proceeded to pinch his nose afterwards. He reacted in a 'are you serious' sort of face only to make her laugh, which resulted to be successful for him.

He put her down and she directed her way towards their father who was not sleeping anymore but rather relaxing at the couch while watching the TV, specifically the sports channel with soccer on. Nia stared over from the TV to her father to grab his attention. He didn't seem to have noticed the presence of Nia at all.

"Dad?" She referred to him with a sweet tone of voice.

"Not now, honey," he eyed her for not even a second and returned to his eyes' original spot of staring. "I'm gonna watch your dances you've learnt in the dance club later." He then quickly turned around to see Y/N on his way upstairs. "Oh, no, no, no, no! Come back here, you little freak," Y/N's father called him and Y/N was now returning downstairs. "Bring me a beer or two from the fridge," Y/N's father commended him, his tone of voice slightly changing to more tougher and deeper for some reason. Y/N nodded and was about to approach the fridge but before he could he got interpreted by his father once again. "I didn't hear you."

"Yes, I will bring you a beer," Y/N said bored.

"Next time use your words on the first try and with a way more energy than this."

"Yes, father." Y/N came to the fridge and pulled out two beers in case his father would expect more to be handed to him. He took them, closed the fridge and place them on table in front of the TV. "Here you go."

"Where is my 'thank you'?" He mumbled to himself jokingly.

"What did you say?!" His father overheard.

"Nothing," Y/N went upstairs and shut the door quietly. His room was filled with posters of different bands of different genres, he didn't really have a favourite, his taste was also mixed. Posters of famous movies as 'Back To The Future', 'Star Wars' or 'Haloween' and 'The Nightmare on Elm Street' could be witnessed hanging there too. Most of the posters were from magazines his mother loved to read.